89 - real life

"Liberty Carter?" The small, red headed nurse that had been on Chris's rounds for the last week came up to us. "Christopher's awake now, if you'd like to see him. He asked about you. He's in the room waiting for you."

I nodded and stood, my legs were shaking under me and for some reason I couldn't find anyway to get my body to move. I knew he was alive, and I knew he was okay. But for some reason anytime I thought about going into that room I thought that meant that he'd be dead.

I couldn't shake the feeling that he'd be gone, everything we had would be gone. I looked down at the floor before taking a deep breath and heading to the room.

Everything around me seemed to slow down. It's like the universe paused so I could savor this moment. As I walked into the room the doctor was checking over Chris's chart but I couldn't lol towards the bed. I didn't know what would be there.

"Liberty?"

And there it was. The sweetest sound. His voice rang in my ears and it was more magical than Christmas morning. My breathe hitched in my throat and I could feel tears welling up in my eyes.

"Chris."

I ran to his side and I couldn't help but cry and hold him. I could hear the doctor say something but I didn't care enough to focus. All I could focus on was the sound of Chris's heartbeat when my head laid on his chest.

"Oh my God. Don't you ever scare me like this again." I half heartedly joked, in between my sobs as I looked at him. He just smiled at me.

"I'll try not to." He joked back and I laughed lightly. By this time everyone else had started to make their way into the room. Scarlett, Robert, Elizabeth, Sebastian and Anthony were all standing around the bed like I was.

They all joked about how Chris was always a terrible driver and how he made even hospital gowns look hot. The moment was bittersweet. Chris was begging to be caught up on what he missed the past week as if our lives had gone on without him in it.

"All I'm saying is that you guys have other friends." Chris defended his begging and we all rolled our eyes.

"Nothing else matters if you're hurt." Robert retorted and Chris 'awwed'. Sebastian and Anthony laughed along sit them.

"If nothing else matters, why isn't Minka here?" Chris asked, hurt dripping from his voice and the room fell silent. Everyone's eyes looked towards me while Chris's were still wandering around the room for an answer.

"Well did I hit a awkward topic?" Chris joked. "Look, I know you guys don't like Minka but we are dating so I'd like it if she was here."

Scarlett looked at me with sad eyes, the kind of sad eyes you have when you see an injured puppy. "Chris, what exactly do you remember?" Elizabeth asked, pulling the question out of all our mouths.

"I remember Robert's party and your so call 'Minka-Intervention'." Chris answered, and small chuckle escaped his lips. "I also remember that Victory is engaged. Where is he, I'm kind of surprised he's not here."

I couldn't feel tears trailing down my cheeks but I didn't say anything. I just looked across the room at Scarlett and back down to Chris. I couldn't feel my heart break and it made me physically sick. "I have to go." I whispered and I whipped my body around faster than I had time to process.

I could hear Sebastian calling after me and I heard the door close behind me. I raced out of the hollow halls. I felt like the building was closing in all around me and I thought back to before I went into the room. 'I couldn't shake the feeling that he'd be gone, everything we had would be gone.'

a/n: OH MY GOD I DIDNT WANT TO WRITE THIS PART

IM SO UPSET

OKAY!!!! IM SO SORRY IVE BEEN BUSY WITH COLLEGE APPS AND JUST TRYING TO GRADUATE !!!

BUT I PROMISE WE WILL GET TO THE END OF THIS STORY BEFORE I GRADUATE IN A FEW MONTHS !!! MAYBE SOONER!!!

IM JUST SO SAD THAT THIS IS COMING TO AN END