8. bonding over mangos

COMMENT IF YOU KNOW THIS MOVIE!

S O R E N

I looked down at the pamphlet, then back at the smoothie store, which was packed with kids who'd just came from school.

"This is so fucking stupid," I grumbled to myself, pushing the door open, which was made clear by a small bell hanging in the threshold.

For all I knew, Jay didn't even work here. I was just going off assumptions and even if she didn't, I should get a smoothie out all of this.

People, I recognised from school, glanced at me as I scanned the shop for a girl with dark brown hair and doe eyes.

I sat down at a table and waited to be served, accepting the fact she wasn't here and that I would just tell Fleck I tried.

No one served me, not one of the waitresses even looked my way. Opening my mouth, I went to call out to one of the girls dressed in uniform but stopped.

A mango smoothie, my name written in permanent mark on the cup, was placed in front of me.

I looked up to see Jay giving me a weak grin. Her hands sat on her hips. Her hair tied into a ponytail as she raised an eyebrow at me.

"Hey, Ray." I murmured, watching as she sat down in the chair across from me putting down her tray of empty glasses on the table.

"Are you ever going to learn my name?" She questioned, pulling the cloth from her shoulder and placing it on the table as she leant back in her chair.

"I know your name." I said, watching as she stared at me with a neutral expression, "Friends can have nicknames."

"Ah, but there's the problem:" She leant forward and placed her elbows on the table, "We aren't friends, are we? You said it yourself."

Her sass was really starting to push my last buttons.

"Look. I don't want to talk to you more than you want to talk to me—"

"I never said that." She interrupted.

"BLOODY HELL, WOMAN! What the fuck do you want from me?" I growled as she looked at me blankly, "I came here to say, fucking thank you."

"Thank you? I'm not exactly sure what—"

"Oh shut up. You fucking do know exactly what for." I took a deep breath in and stared at Jay coldly, rolling my eyes. "This is so fucking stupid..."

"Don't worry about it."

"What?" I breathed.

"I said, don't worry about it. That's what friends do. They help each other, right?" She gave me a lopsided smile.

I shook my head, running a hand through my hair and tried to hide a grin, "Sure."

"You going to drink that?" She gestured to the smoothie in front of me, "I made it, myself."

"You made it?" I raised an eyebrow at her, "Fuck no. Probably poisoned."

She stood up as one of the waitresses called her name, "Probably."

She ruffled my hair on the way past, causing a surge of energy shoot through my ribcage.

Shaking the feeling off, I took the straw between my lips, and tasted something a lot better than drugs.

-

I know, very short chapter BUT I don't believe this one should be long, if you know what I mean?

I am so honoured by all the reads I've gotten...

I dedicate this chapter to my sister from an other mister Teenagexnightmare

One of my favourite art works by heartingly