Chapter 21: A Lesson Learnt

"1, 2, 3, start!"

"Go Prince Wang Eun!! You can do it!" The servants cheered as both me and the 10th Prince pushes the boats.

Prince Wang Eun was struggling as he pokes aimlessly at the paper boats. As for me, I somehow got it after and my boat was sailing smoothly.

All the servants were awestruck by my technique and they betrayed Prince Wang Eun by cheering for me.

"Go Princess Hara, go!"

Both of us were so focused on the race and when my boat was reaching the finishing line, I unconsciously looked up and met contact with Prince Wang Yo. Behind him was Princess Yeon Hwa and Prince Wang Won.

I freeze in shock and my race started beating fast. The 3rd Prince was fuming as his stare glares into mine.

"I won! I won!" Prince Wang Eun waves his arms up into the sky as he jumped happily. As no one responded him, he stopped and looked around.

"Why's no one cheering for me? Oh Hyungs! Princess YeonHwa!" He greeted delightfully at the sight of them.

"What were you doing?" Princess Yeon Hwa asked gently.

"Oh! Princess Hara promised to give me sweets if I won the boat race game! Princess Hara! Where's my prize?! I won!" He runs over to me excitedly.

I was frozen to the spot while Prince Wang Eun waves his hand in front of my face.

Shit! Why would he be here? I thought he had some business today?!

"Princess Hara?"

"Hmm. It seemed like you have mastered your embroidery skills? Let's go and have a look then." The 3rd Prince announced as he moves forward without even batting an eye at me.

Princess Yeon Hwa gave me a questioned look but I didn't want to tell her anything as I quickly rushed to stop the 3rd Prince.

He slams open the door and Court Lady Shin stood up in shock as she bows at the prince. He walked in to my canvas and snatched the artwork away.

"It seemed you didn't improve at all?" He raised my artwork in the air for everyone to see.

"W-well... You only gave me two days! How am I supposed to finish?" I argued back.

How could he embarrass me in front of all these people?!

He laughs as he turned away fiercely to Court Lady Shin. "From today onwards, you shall be dismissed."

My eyes grew wide as Court Lady Shin begs for forgiveness.

"Prince Wang Yo! Please give me a chance! I will make sure Princess Hara does it well this time!"

"I have given you enough time! What were you doing allowing the Princess to go out and have child play with the 10th Prince?!" Prince Wang Yo was shouting.

Court Lady Shin gave me a shocked look to confirm if I was lying. But I looked away almost instantly, regretful of what I had done.

"Prince Wang Yo... Please calm down. Surely there's another way." Princess YeonHwa finally stepped in.

They both look at one another before the Prince smirks. "Of course there is." The Prince turns to face Princess Yeon Hwa. "I hereby announced Princess Yeon Hwa to be the teacher of Princess Hara."

W-what?!

"Prince Wang Yo?! What are you talking about?!" Princess Yeonhwa was astounded as well.

"Just as I said, she will learn better from you." He said with a sneaky smile.

Prince Wang Yo... Really is merciless. I finally understood what they meant by being careful in making decisions.

//
On my next lesson of embroidery, Princess Yeonhwa set up the class in a more friendly atmosphere. We were sitting beside one another so that she could guide me better.

"Princess Hara, today I will teach you how to sew a lucky charm." She said as she shows me samples of lucky pouches.

"Wow... Are these all yours? They are so beautiful!" I was amazed by the sewing work.

"Thank you for your compliment. Perhaps you could point to me a few designs that you like?" She grins.

I browsed through the few designs and chosen a butterfly one. Princess Yeonhwa was more than happy to teach me as she prepares a set of threads and needles.

"You could sell your pouches for a lot of money you know? You could rent a stall like the people in town and sell your accessories." I suggested.

Princess Yeonhwa giggles at my suggestion. "I don't think the people have a lot of money to buy my accessories. Most of them are barely surviving."

"Really? Is it really that hard to earn money? But there are so many people in town the other day." I was starting to wonder how come the rich and poor were so obvious.

"Well... It's true there are a lot of people shopping, but sometimes it depends on your luck as well." Princess Yeonhwa said slowly and carefully. "Anyway, let's us start sewing. We have a lot of work to do." She changes topic almost immediately as if hinting I had wasted much time.

"Ouch! Damn it! Why are the holes so small?!" I was already complaining after 10 minutes and wanted to give up.

Princess Yeonhwa took over my work and patiently demonstrates, "if you hold it like this," she pokes the needle in skillfully and gracefully pulls out again to make the line straight.

"Wow... How long did you learn to get to this stage?" I was amazed.

"Since I was 7 years old, I already started sewing. I believe Princess Hara also starts at that age as well."

"W-well... I guess so?" I stuttered, unsure of how to respond since I'm not the real Princess Hara.

"There, you have mastered the basics!" She lets go of her hands that was guiding me and I looked down at my own work.

"I really mastered the basics! I could never reach this stage when Court Lady Shin taught me!" Suddenly, I felt sad as I have caused her to lose her job.

Sensing my feelings, Princess Yeonhwa places her hands on my shoulder. "Let us take a break. I shall ask my servants to prepare a pot of rose tea and cakes for us."

"A break? Yes! Finally! My eyes are so dry and tired from all these sewings!" I exclaimed as I hurry to stand up.

However, time seemed to stop as the sight of a butterfly hairpin on Princess YeonHwa's hair caught my attention.

Isn't that the same hairpin I had from Prince Wang Yo?

"What's the matter Princess Hara?" I quickly diverted my attention when Princess Yeonhwa asked.

"O-oh... Nothing. Let's go have a break soon! I'm tired!" I laughed it off as I stretched my body in an awkward position.

Why does she have the same hairpin as me? Could it be Prince Wang Yo had given her as well? No no... It can't be. It must be coincidence since Princess Yeonhwa could've bought the same thing. I must be thinking too much...

Wait... Why am I even concerned whether he give it to her or anybody else?! This is a man from history! He is a thousand years old! I mustn't have feelings for him! Get a grip YuRi ah!