one upper part one

word count: 3062
warnings: none unless kissing or vomiting triggers you

you absolutely loathe jeon jungkook.
absolutely loathe him.

you are good at almost everything, which would be great and rewarding, if it wasn't for your mother's best friend's son.

he one upped you at everything, which would kind of be fine if he wasn't doing it on purpose.

jeon jungkook loved to ruin your self esteem; or rather watch you get pissed over everything. but how couldn't you?

at the athletics carnival a month ago where you proudly ran a hundred metres in 26 seconds, jungkook here decided to one up you with 25.5 seconds. amazing, truly.

when you were elected to become the student president, jungkook easily joined the election; with the use of the the students who succumbed to the perfect idiot who was so good at making people fall in love with him. in the end, you were unfortunately placed second as the vice president.

in every examination and project mark, jeon jungkook would always beat you. you remember very vividly being handed back your 99.9%, disappointed that you lost 0.1%, but still proud of yourself. only that, was spoiled by jungkook who scored the perfect 100%.

you had known him for your entire life, and he too. you had been one upped for your entire life by the same person, constantly living in the same never-ending competition.

tonight is your best friend's 23rd birthday, or well, jungkook's best friend too. it used to be just you and jimin, the two of you doing everything together without any hindrance, until jungkook came along and practically "stole" jimin away from you. so now, it was the three of you.

"sixteen!" the crowd shouts as you down your sixteenth shot, your throat in an excruciating ache as you breathe. you don't even drink. you hate the bitter taste and thee terrible aftermath of what drinking does, however being side by side with jungkook you couldn't stop if this meant this was a chance to beat him at something.

but jungkook has a high tolerance for alcohol, like really high. he drinks heaps, but he never really gets drunk .. he does get drunk from time to time (yeah, that's the absolute worst because you end up taking care of him who then acts like a little baby).

you hold up the seventeenth shot shakily in your hands and your lips quiver. "you done now, babe?" jungkook smirks as he watches you try your best to stay stable. you avert your gaze to him and frown, squinting your eyes to focus better. your vision is already blurry, you have difficulty standing still and your hands are not co-operating with you while jungkook is just standing there with a smirk stretched across his, you hate to admit, handsome face.

"i really hate you, jungkook." you mutter, but loud enough for everyone to hear.

"well, i'm very concerned for your health so you should stop right now." jungkook smiles kindly, however you knew he didn't mean a word that he said, only wanting to fuel your anger and determination even more.

"seventeen!" you shout as you down the next shot, the crowd around you screaming seventeen after you. "i'm not going to lose to you this time jeon jung–"

you cover your mouth and hold your breath, the urge to puke on the verge of escaping your mouth. your action is evident to everyone as you swallow it back down, the sour taste only causing you to want to vomit even more. you run against the tile floor for the bathroom, pushing the couple who were making out half naked in there so hard you probably sprained your wrist. once they noticed that you weren't so well, they give you space and move to another room.