Chapter 2

Wow. W. O. W. Wooooooowwwww

This. Room. Is. AWESOME!!!!!!

It was a baby blue color (as requested by my sister) and had all I could need. The comforter was blue and white and had a beautiful canopy up above. Their was a mini fridge and a large closet with a huge selection of dresses. There was a beautiful white grand piano and a violin and guitar sitting on top. There was a white desk, and armoir, and nightstand. It was a dream.

I went and sat at the piano. I played a couple of notes and they came put so smoothly. It was an amazing piano. I went to my closet and looked at the dresses. There was so many! Short ones. Long ones. Long sleeved. Short sleeved. Sleeveless. And in all the colors.

I chose a baby blue dress. It was lacy at the top and flowed out elegantly. It was the most beautiful dress I've ever seen.

I changed into it and sat at the vanity. Curling and pulling my hair, pinning back certain pieces until I was satisfied. Everything was great until I looked into my closet and saw the matching shoes for the dress.

My natural enemy.

High heels.

Not just any high heels. 4 inch high heels. 4 inches!!!!! I am going to die tonight or at least break a leg. I grudgingly put them on and walked to dinner.

Apparently tonight we would be in one room, but usually they would split us up between levels. Tomorrow we would be taking are level test. Ranking us from level 1-10. Ranks mattering on skill, smarts, talent, will, bravery, and strength.

I walked through the grand doors and was lucky enough to find a good seat. A great seat. Right between Marlee and Maxon. Perfect.

I sat down and they both smiled at me.

"How are you guys," I asked lifting up the dish. It was some sort of fancy meat over rice with a side salad and soup.

"I'm good," Marlee chirped.

"Me too," Maxon agreed.

He was obviously tuning out the guy chatting up a storm next to him.

"Who is he?" I asked.

"Carter woodwork," Maxon sighed." He is my best friend, but can be quite annoying."

"Where is he from?" I asked.

"He is the heir to Allens," Maxon replied.

"Right above Carolina," I said as Marlee gasped and said "next to Kent."

"Who are these two lovely ladies that are stealing my friends attention?" Carter asked smoothly.

"Marlee of Kent and America of Carolina," Maxon explained.

"Carolina and Kent. Those are my family's two favorite business partners," carter laughed. "I intend on continuing that business deal when I'm in rule."

"So America," Maxon said turning to me. "Your sister is now in rule, what do you intend to do when you get out of school?"

I sighed. "My mother and father want me to marry into another royal family. You know strengthen bonds between provinces, but I'm not sure what I want to do."

Maxon suddenly looked super interested in his meal. I decided to talk to the girl across from me.

"Hello?" I asked tentatively.

She looked up. She smirked and nodded at me. "Hello. I'm Celeste. Your Queen Kenna's sister correct?"

I smiled and nodded.

"My brother Chris is great friends with James Orders. We're from clermont. (That's where she's from right?) I think we will get along nicely."

I nodded again.

"Marlee!" Celeste squealed

"Hello Celeste!" Marlee squealed right back.

"You've met America right?" Celeste asked.

"Oh yes. She was the year person I met here," Marlee laughed.

Maxon tapped me on my arm and I looked up at him.

Celeste noticed and greeted him. "Oh Maxy. How wonderful to see you again."

"Hello Celeste," he mumbled.

I tapped Marlee on the arm. "How do they know each other?"

She groaned. "Like all the future heirs no each other. It's annoying. Celeste has been trying to get Maxon to fall in love with her for years. She's never succeeded. It's a good thing though. No one wants her as Queen. I mean she's a good person once you get to know her, but I don't know how good of a Queen she'd be."

"How so?"

"I mean she's all about that Drama," Marlee giggled. "If she ever had to solve government drama, I'm not sure how well she'd do."

Marlee shrugged and went back to her meal.

I went and played with mine moving the food around on my fork. I kind of wished I would have been able to be an heir. It wold of been nice.

I turned to Maxon. "My Sister is now part of your almighty future grand council. What exactly does a grand council member do?"

He smiled. "They help me make all my decisions. You can't have a King without a grand council. They also invite there lovely families to balls and state functions," he teased lightly.

"Oh please," I snorted. "You don't want me at any important balls. I will manage to step on every persons foot there."

His face turned thoughtful at that. "America you do know you are using the wrong fork to eat your salad?" He asked.

I glared playfully at him. "I'm sorry. Etiquette and manners lessons aren't until Tuesday. So I am free to eat with whatever utensil I want."

To prove my point I picked up a soup spoon and ate my salad with that. He feigned shock and then he pretended to faint, as If the sight of it was preposterous. Which I suppose to him,
It might have been.

Suddenly there was yelling outside of the room and the doors bursted open. People started screaming not even knowing what was going on. I think they thought it was a rebel attack. And I had news for them, if it was a rebel attack they would have died. Because the safe rooms were not under the table, which apparently was the ideal place for them to hide.

In an act of bravery I looked towards the door and a huge smile crossed my face. Maxon went into a fighting stance
and looked towards the door. And soon a similar smile was on his face. Because in the doorway was a short white bulldog. A man came running up behind him and looked apologetically at the people in the dining  room. I assumed he was assigned the gruesome job of delivering Villi safely to the academy.

People began standing up and looking confusedly at the white Bulldog. I laughed and shared a look with Maxon. He smiled and we both ran over to the
Dog. I was looking back and snickering at the faces of the people who were looking at us like we were crazy.

Maxon swooped the dog into his arms. "Villi," he sighed.

"So this is the world famous dog I'm being assigned to babysit," I cooed.

Maxon nodded proudly.

"She's so cute!"