64 -3x19

It had been three days. Alaric's alter ego had hidden the stake and Stefan had to get it out of him. Damon and Elena were leaving to find out who turned their bloodline. They were hoping Jeremy could help since he could talk to ghosts and so he could talk to Rose.

Eira had stayed in her room for most of the day as she didn't want to hear Alaric get tortured since Stefan might have to do that to find out where the stake is. Eira did come down the stairs though to go the kitchen and get a snack.

But when she came down the stairs and turned the corner, she came face to face with Klaus. He was just about to leave. He had a smirk on his face from snapping Alaric's neck to get him to sleep but it was wiped off as soon as he saw her.

There only a foot between them. She stared up at him, into his eyes, his stormy blue eyes that she loved. Her heart felt like a balloon that had been filled with air and it was about to burst with joy. If only he did what she wanted him to do which was get back together with her.

They both stood there for a moment as they stared into each other's eyes. Klaus took a step forward and her heart skipped a beat. But then Klaus turned and went around her to the door. He opened the door and left, closing it on his way out.

She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Her chest felt like it deflated back into the gaping hole that she was just getting over. She felt broken all over again. A tear fell down her cheek and she wiped it away. She shook her head at herself. She wouldn't cry. Not anymore.

_______________

    Stefan had finally gotten Alaric's alter ego to come out and tell him where the stake was. Rebekah took Alaric to get the stake and Klaus stayed at the Salvatore house.

   "And then there was one. I know about your brother's little mission to Denver. He failed. Not that that's news anymore," Klaus said, holding the glass of alcohol he made for himself.

    "So, what are you gonna do now, Klaus? You gonna kill me?" Stefan questioned.

   "I haven't actually decided yet," Klaus sat down on the couch in the living room.

    "Aww, sure you have. See you've had every chance and every excuse imaginable to do it, but yet you haven't. Which means you don't want to," Stefan started. "Plus, you care what Eira thinks. There's no way you'd kill me."

    Klaus's face turned to stone and it was silent for a moment before he asked,"How is she?"

   Stefan gritted his teeth,"See, Klaus, you don't get to know how she's doing. You don't have that right anymore."

   "So, unless you're gonna stake me, why don't you get the hell out of my house?" Stefan said and walked out of the room.

   Author's Note: Okay, this is the shortest chapter ever but the next one is gonna be long and I didn't want to merge them together.

Okay but let's give a special round of applause to SKY_KYB as she made a cover for this book out of her love for it. Like I feel so honored.