24| expecto patronum

"No, not at all. You sound brilliant."

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

The next morning, I made my way to Defense Against the Dark Arts, which was my first class of the day. Since I wasn't on speaking terms with Harry, Ron, or Hermione, I made my way to class with Seamus and Dean, who were oddly excited about this class in particular.

"Do you think we'll learn some new spells?" asked Seamus.

Shrugging, I replied, "I hope so."

"Me too," Dean grinned.

As the three of us walked into the classroom, I quickly noticed Ron and Harry standing on the opposite side in conversation. Sending me a brief glance, they turned around and continued talking to one another. Although I normally would've been upset by this, I didn't mind it anymore. They'll have to except us eventually.

Shaking away my thoughts, I shifted my gaze up to the tall wardrobe standing at the front of the classroom.

"Intriguing, yes? Would anyone like a guess as to what's inside?" Professor Lupin asked us.

From beside me, Seamus spoke up, "That's a Boggart, that is."

"Very good, Mr. Finnigan," Lupin beamed, looking back out at the crowd of students. "Now, Can anyone tell us what a Boggart looks like?"

"No one knows." Hermione said from behind me.

At the sudden voice, I nearly jumped in fright. Last I checked, Hermione had been standing behind me, nor was she standing next to Harry and Ron when I walked in.

"When did she get here?" Ron whispered to Harry from the other side of the room.

"Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears the most. That's what makes it so...." She trailed off.

"Terrifying," I finished, sending Hermione a look of suspicion.

"Terrifying, yes Miss Clearwater. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a Boggart. Let's practice it now, shall we? Without wands please....Ridikulus!" He said.

"Riddikulus!" We all chanted.

Taking a step toward me, Draco Malfoy leaned down and spoke in my ear, "This class is ridiculous."

I chuckle a little.

"Good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a Boggart off is laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing." He explained.