God of the Television

•E/C: Eye Color
•Y/N: Your Name

————————————————
Your POV:
________________________________

————————————————Your POV:________________________________

_______________________________

I stand near the microwave in the kitchen, shifting my weight onto my left foot sometimes and then to my right soon after, as I wait on my food to finish cooking. I nearly flinch at the piercing sound it made when the timer went off and quickly yank open the door to put a stop to it. I had been so spaced out, wondering what I should do before bed. There are a few options: reading, watching whatever's on YouTube or maybe a movie, video games, etcetera. This is the common conundrum I have whenever I'm left home alone... for the bazilyionth time. Not that I care. It happens so often nowadays, I'm hardly fazed, and besides, I'm old enough to take care of myself. It still kinda sucks, though, I will admit. I take my instant ramen out of the microwave and set it aside to cool down a bit. In the meantime, I go to my bedroom to change into comfy attire.

After sifting through a drawer in my dark, wooden dresser, I pick out warm, skeleton footie-pajamas. Yes, you heard correctly, footie pajamas. I am quite fond of childish things like these. They bring me a sense of comfort, and besides, the house is freezing, so it's perfect for a night of lounging around. As soon as I'm dressed, I have a look at my selection of movies and TV shows, skimming over the titles until my eyes land on a DVD of Black Butler's first season.

'It has been a while since I've watched it. Why not?' Smiling, I take everything I need into the living room before finally settling down, turning on the lamps on the side tables after leaving my bowl of food on the coffee table. I snuggle into the couch with a sigh before picking up the remote to get started, slurping on my noodles after pressing the play button. Everything was pretty normal for a couple episodes until the screen randomly glitched. I brushed it off at first before it happened again, this time filling the entire thing with static.

"Really?" I grumble out in annoyance, brows scrunched in confusion, since I've never seen the T.V. do this before. The next thing I know, the whole house began to shake, making me shout out in surprise as I hold onto the couch to secure myself with widened eyes.

'Oh, shit! An earthquake?' My heart races as I get up to find someplace safe to take cover, stumbling as the rumbling gets more violent. Unable to keep my balance, I collapse to the floor and groan in pain as I push myself up. Thankfully, the shaking came to a sudden halt, but then, the lights went out. I could hear my pulse within the silence, and I couldn't see a damn thing in the dark, so I follow the wall into the kitchen in search of a flashlight. I feel around for the right drawer only to ram my side into the counter on accident. I inhale sharply and curse as I put a hand over the tender spot.