Prologue

The picture above is of Sawyer! (I just had to pick Troian Bellisario.)

"Are you coming with me to see the game today, Sawyer?" My Mom called from the other room. I had just gotten home from med school program thingy. Every Sunday night our family, the Griffins, and the Jahas would come together to watch an Earth sport called 'soccer'. If it was me, I would have just named it football. (By the way, the Soccer game of which Abby came in to give Jake Griffin the lab results already happened and Sawyer has been suspicious with Clarke and Wells about what they were since then.)

"Of course, coming Mom!" I called back, lacing up my shoes and throwing my necklace over my head. Strung on it was a peice of station 13's metal which had been passed down through the Kane family, who had once lived on that station but had somehow managed to get on another before 13 was completly obliterated in the Ark's formation. I wear it wherever I go, it having been with me since I was a toddler when my mother passed it down.

As we walked to the Griffin's home, my Mom pulled me aside hastily into a corner.

"Listen to me and listen very carefully. The Ark is running out of oxygen and me and Mr. Griffin are going to try to warn the people of the Ark. I may be floated and if so, I need you to project this video over the entire communications system so our people know. You can do this, I have taught you well, baby." She handed me a small hard drive of which she clipped onto my necklace while she had been talking, explaining her current predicament. I tried to make a noise to argue back but I couldn't speak. Why was she telling me this information just now? Had she gotted discovered or turned in? Me and Clarke had been wondering what they were up to for a while now and I wish I hadn't wondered. Clarke and me thought that the oxygen supply had something to do with it so we told Wells as well and we had all been stumped as to what was going on.

Before I could ask any of the many questions floating through my head, the sound of guards boots stomping down the hall brought me to reality. No, this cannot be happening. I tried to cover her with my body but the guards had none of it and shoved me to the ground to get to my mother, speaking the words I was so horrified to ever hear.

"Isabelle Kane, you have been charged with treason and scentenced to immeadiate death. Please, come with us." Was all the guards said as they hastily grabbed my mother, partially picking her up off the ground. I panicked and screamed, getting off of the ground and chasing after them as they tugged her away. My mother. My best friend. My role model. The only person that really understood me.

"Mom!" I screamed as I followed them down halls, trying to tug her away, eventually coming to a stop when we were met with the harsh, cold doors leading to the floating chamber. By this point in time my face had gone pale from panic and tears streamed down my face in sadness. I was still behaving like a madman, trying to fight my way into the guards strong arms to reach my mother. I knew I wouldn't get there because I was weak and small. Footsteps followed behind us as we came to a halt and around the corner; Mr.Griffin was being carried foreward by guards as well. They had both been caught.

Clarke followed her Dad quickly and when we made eye contact we immeadiatley hugged eachother, crying. Clearly Clarke has tried breaking the wall of guards but to no avail.

"You may say quick goodbyes." The head guard droned out, clearly not new to any of this. But as soon as his words left his mouth, I parted from Clarke's embrace and sprinted over to my mom, where she was standing with arms open.

"Sweetheart, I love you. So, in peace may you leave the shore. In love may you find the next. Safe passage on your travels until our final journey to the ground." She whispered the last words she would ever say to me.

"May we meet again." I choke out, finishing her scentence - the Traveller's blessing. Before we could exchange more words, my dad had walked in with Abby on his tail, demanding the meaning for all of this. I failed to notice one of my childhood friends standing toward the side, watching the whole ordeal ashamedly. In the end, all my dad did was walk over and hug my mother tightly and kissing her forehead lightly.

"Dad, you can't let this happen, please." I tugged on his jacket almost violently as the guards shoved my mom and Clarke's dad into the floating chamber. All he did was yank me off and hesitantly step aside, out of the guards way. I almost moved foreward to argue but was pulled back by Abby, who was clutching us both tightly. Clarke grabbed my hand and we shared a terrified look. My mom gave me one last loving glance as the doors shut before one of the guards pushed that damned red button and my mom, the person I loved most, was violently ripped away from the Ark and out into space.

"Oh my god!" I eventually croak and collapse onto the ground, shaking and crying. Abby and Clarke follow suit and we are all soon a pile of misery until we are forced up as they are ordered to take me and Clarke away into solitary cells, fearing we might be traitors as well. Clarke was quickly lifted off of her feet and taken away, even after Abby's protesting.

"No, allow my daughter a second chance. As the backup chancellor, I order you to release her!" Marcus Kane's strict voice could be heard and I was soon dropped to the ground, to shocked to cry. As soon as they let me go, I booked it and sprint as fast as I could back to our apartment/home, not bothering to give my father a second glance. What he did - or what he didn't do, actually - made me hate him from then on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day you could maybe guess what I did. After locking all of the entrances to the apartment, I spashed my face with ice cold water dozens of times and hit myself with random things to see if what was happening was real. Then, I ate most likely a quarter of my weight in cookies and potato chips. Then I watched old videos of me and her when I was younger. All while crying or moaning in emotional pain, sometimes collapsing to the ground and looking at the ceiling blankly.

Eventually I came to my senses and formulated a plan, forgetting all about the small hard drive my mother had clipped onto my necklace, which I hadn't taken off the while time and never intended to ever gain. I was going to disable the floating chamber. The doors wouldn't open to the outside if I did it right. Then, no one could be hurt anymore and no one else would have to suffer like this.

So, I let my father back into his house, giving him a glare, and walked out, letting him believe I was on some crazy track and was completley harmless. Little did he know that I had my moms whole toolbox stuffed up my shirt and was walking down to where he allowed small, miniscule people to murder my mother. When I arrived, seeing the guard standing watch, I grabbed a hammer, sneaked up behind him and probably wacked his skull in. No, I'm not that stong, nevermind, just knocked him out. I figured I only had a limited amount of time to get the job done before another guard did his rounds and saw what I had done. I couldn't back out now, I had already commited a capital crime and I could hear the guys radio going off asking him where he was.
"Guard number 472, voice your current location immeadiatley. If you can hear me, respond and continue on your rounds. If you don't resond in 2 minuites time, we are coming after you." A harsh voice spoke through it.
I hastily tried to crush the thing under my foot but it only slipped out from under my shoe and slid to the other side of the room. I concluded quickly that I didn't have time to dystroy it. So, I got to work on the control panel and was almost done rewiring the plugs going into that damned red button when I heard the hellish symphony of guard boots trotting their way down the neverending hallways. Evidently there was more than one; they were suspicious since the guy never answered the walkie-talkie requests. I plugged two newly splinced wires into the red button and clicked it back into the wall, admiring my hard work. I'd just give myself up and see how my father reacted to me being charged with vandalism and assault. Apparently, to my 15 year old self, that was why surrendering was the best method of action in that precise moment in time.

{Not edited}