Chapter 1

The Razai's finally attacked. They started with the middle of Kais. My family lived in the western part and we were still alive. Still here. But the Razai's finally attacking seemed like a blessing compared to the waiting they put us through.
  It happened on December 4th. The attack. The news channel was broken but television was replaced with a video made by the Razai's. It showed our town burnt. People bleeding and dying. It also showed a very important aspect. The Razai's weren't dumb like Jenna and I had hoped. They were way more ahead of us. They had held family members hostage and the families that the people belonged to would chase after them, blinded by sorrow and end up dying. This was what Razai planned on doing.
  "I hate Razai's." Jenna finally came back to talking terms with me. She would state already obvious things like: "The Razai's are smart." Or "That lady is held hostage!"
  Mom and dad were done with their 'happy go lucky' state and decided to show their worries. "Kristian, honey, I think we should run." She would tell dad and start packing quickly scooping up stuff. "I would rather die at home." Dad would reply back bluntly and Jenna and I would know that the conversation was over.

  But after a while of darkness and sounds of screaming or bombs near our house, we were done. My dad finally agreed with my mom and when I woke up one day, our bags were packed and the car engine was rumbling. Jenna refused to leave, but she was dragged in the Jeep anyways.
  "I don't understand how you guys think this is a good idea. I mean, the Razai's will probably shoot down the whole road and we will be killed in a second." She groaned, watching our house fade off.
  "It's for the best, dear." Mom would comfort Jenna and Jenna, as ignorant as she is, would push mom away, going back to humming her songs.
  An hour in the car and Jenna started humming a familiar tune. Gary Part. It was the song we heard the day we were having a brief conversation about the Razai's being stupid or advanced.
  "Gary Part, huh?" I teased, nudging her playfully, but Jenna wasn't in it.
  "I'd kill Gary Part for the Razai's dead." She murmured.
  I imagined the blonde singer dead alongside the Razai's and giggled. Sure it was dark humor but it was the only thing that would make us laugh.
  Jenna laughed darkly and stopped singing, back to staring out the window. Her jet black dyed hair swished along the air conditioner in the car, and she brushed it off carelessly. If only I was as carefree as Jenna. It was in her nature. As much as she wanted people to think of her as a cool goth, she was always that happy girl.
  I stared out my window to see a familiar view. Abandoned homes, ashes, smoke, dust and tattered belongings that were left behind. The Razai's didn't even attack yet and the town was already broken down. Then the car braked abruptly.
  "Shoot." Dad muttered under his breath. Jenna and I stood up to see what was in front of us. Then I heard her scream. I smelt ashes and then a loud bang. My ears had a weird vibration and I felt my ankle twist. Darkness. Dead silence.
-------------------------------------------------------
Is Kylie dead? Or is she alive? Will Kylie make it on her own for days? Its all a mystery. My next chapter's out already so go check it out cause it's free! I hope you liked this chapter! Bai~