Chapter 27

*unedited

"What do you mean by you made them?" I asked, shocked.

"I made these dolls," She deadpanned. She took the dolls in her hands.

"Every stitch and every knot was made by my hands," She described. I stared at her incredulously.

"B-but how c-come?" I asked puzzled.

"You don't know what they are capable of," She remarked, staring deeply into my eyes.

"Puts people under some sort of hypnotic spell and makes them kill others," I stated blandly. Delores broke out laughing.

"I am amazed. You are not entirely wrong," She commented, her thin flaky lips stretched into a wicked grin.

I narrowed my eyes,"What do you mean by I am not entirely wrong?"

"Artificial demonic soul implantation. It's a complicated experiment. Demonic souls can be summoned to earth and fixated on certain objects. But these bloodthirsty souls always escape their trap and enjoys possessing humans, creating utter chaos. So, artificial demonic soul implantation is preferred. Demonic souls are artificially created using demonic elements and then infused in objects like these dolls. They lack emotions as they are artificially made and serve their purposes obligately."

"They don't tend to leave their shells. These man made demonic souls when infused are implanted with their objectives. The demons within these dolls know of only one single purpose and that is to kill. They can't influence every person that has them but only people their actual owner wants to. These demons enter the bodies of their possessors or owners in encountering the person they are designated to kill. On serving their purpose, these demonic souls disintegrate," She elaborated. I watched her slack jawed. What in the whole wide world is she talking about?

"Actual owner? So aren't you their owner?" I asked.

"Well, no. Some years back, a woman had asked me to make these dolls. Not everyone is successful while doing artificial demonic soul implantation. She had tried but failed plenty of times. I am the most talented at this kind of art," She said proudly. I scowled at her own flattery. I am not amazed.

"You made these dolls for a woman, so that she could kill people. What is wrong with you? You are so-"

"Evil, I know. But she offered me a lot of bucks for it. How could I refuse?" She asked. I frowned at her.

"Wait- Is the name of this woman Jane?" I asked, my eyes suddenly lighting up.

"I don't know what her name is. I never asked. Even if she had mentioned, I don't remember. It's been years and I am an old lady. My memory isn't that sharp," She sympathised with herself. I sighed. There's always a catch.

"You have two dolls with you. Where is the other one?" She questioned. I looked up at her sharply.

"The other one?" I questioned, puzzled.

"My memory isn't very sharp. But I do clearly remember that I made three dolls for her," She replied.

"There's a third one?" I mused. She nodded. Oh! Who is it this time? This is so confusing.

"I have to get going. I have to invite Mr Owen for the funeral too," She said as she stood up from the sofa. I noticed that her knot of grey hair had been tied at her nape with a worn out red thread. The woman was insane!

****************

"How are you so sure this is the right house?" I asked.

Ezra scratched his head frustrated," Come on James, this is the hundred and tenth time you are asking me that. I am sure this is the house."