Chapter 22

While I was cooking breakfast, I heard the incessant ringing of David's phone on the kitchen table. He was still in the shower. On its 4th call, I decided to answer it.

"Hello, this is David's phone!" 

"Hi, is David around?" Asked by a man's voice on the other line.

"Yeah, he's currently in the shower, would you like to leave a message for him."

"Yes, please. Ahm, who am i speaking to." 

"This is Olivia." 

"Olivia?...as in Olivia Miller?" His toned seemed surprised.

"Oh no!... I'm Olivia Grey." 

"I apologize. Miss Grey, this is Leandro Smith, I am David's lawyer. I just want to inform him on the case about his marriage." 

"His marriage." I froze. 

"Yes Miss Grey! He is still legally married. I wish to speak to him regarding this." 

"I will inform him." My nerves were stiffed.

"Thank you Miss Grey! Have a good day!" 

I put the phone down.What was he talking about? Marriage? Legally binded? 

Didn't David submit the divorce papers? 

My knees were wobbling and I felt completely numb. I tried to decipher what his lawyer just said. God, help me understand! 

I looked at my baby who was playing on his crib while watching cartoons. When he met my eyes, he started jumping up and down giddily and babbling baby words. I picked him up and kissed his chubby cheeks.

David stepped out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist. He pulled me by my waist and kissed my neck.

My baby extended his arms to his father and David obeyed. He picked up his son and swayed him and my baby couldn't stop laughing. 

"Leandro Smith called. He wants to speak to you." David stopped and looked at me with guilty eyes.

David put his son back to the crib and turned to me. 

"What did he say?" 

"He just wanted to discuss with you about the marriage that was not nulled." He froze. 

"Livy..." 

"No, not now." I walked away.

We ate our breakfast in silence. I lost my appetite already. I only drank my coffee to calm myself.

David offered to wash the dishes and cleaned the table. I didn't protest. I didn't have the energy to fight with him.

The day was finished so quickly. I went to my classes with cloudy mind. I decided to visit the bookstore just few meters away to the apartment to chill out a little before going home. 

I was collecting books to add to my reading lists when I noticed a GQ British magazine sitting in the corner of the counter. The cover of the magazine was no other than, David Miller.

He looked mightily handsome spreading himself on the chair. "The richest British male model on Earth is now conquering the business world", the caption said.

I sat on the coffee table and continued scanning the glossy pages. I was just randomly scanning the content of the article when a certain paragraph caught my eye.

It talked about his marriage that had already been known to public, and his plan to get in nulled. There was even a picture of him and a gorgeous woman smiling to the cameras.