87. Graduation day

They made a celebration for Sicheng in Taeil's house and were pretty surprised when Kun appeared with a huge teddy bear for the boy. He tried to be nice and they avoided a quarrel especially because Sicheng kept everyone in a good mood dancing around the living room while doing funny faces.

Soon Jae woke up to Taeil's alam clock on Friday, the last day of high school for him, and he realized how much he will miss this time.

It took him long to get up and get ready. Breakfast was a painful experience today and he double checked his mirror reflection before he had left the house. To his horror Taeil got the taxi again and drove over to Doyoung then to the flat where Ten was renting a small room, and even all the way to the company building where they picked up Sicheng from the dorm. Taeil was so absent minded he passed a crossing on a red light causing Jae to shout loudly.

"Sorry," he muttered slowing down.

They parked next to the school building and Sicheng jumped out followed by a rather pale Ten.

"I will miss it so much, I can't believe it's the last day," Doyoung looked at his friends.

"Me too," whispered Jae who has never found the school building that pretty.

"Think about it we will be at university together, you all got in right?" Taeil glanced at them.

"I did," said Jae but Doyoung kept quiet and they turned to him.

He was observing something through the window and Jae felt a unpleasant wince inside.

"Doyoung you have the third best grades and exam results at school right after me and Kun so no way you didn't get in," said Taeil.

"Oh I did, but... I'm not going," Doyoung finally looked at them.

"What, are you crazy!" Taeil raised his voice.

"Why?" stuttered Jae.

"I... I auditioned for a band and got in," Doyoung's face was now as red as his hair.

"A band," repeated Taeil. "But it's not a reason to dump university, look me and Jae we have our careers and we're still going," said Taeil.

"Yes but... but the record company is in.. in Thailand," stuttered Doyoung.

"What!" Taeil groaned. "How on Earth are you auditioning for a band in Thailand!" Taeil was shouting when Doyoung lowered is head.

"I... I really had no chances here, did I... you two have received record deals I don't want to be left behind, it's a good company and a chance. Maybe if if I will become famous there I might get a chance to come back and start as a solo artist," he explained.

"Kim Doyoung for the first time in your life you're not making any sense at all!" shouted Taeil and he slightly reminded Jae of his mother.

"But... I will come to visit from time to time, and write letters," assured Doyoung.

"You spoiled my vision," Taeil had tears in his eyes and he slammed the door shut behind him when he left the car.

"He will get ovef it, I'm happy fof you," said Jae.

"Thanks," Doyoung glanced at Taeil who was hurrying to the school building.

Jae grabbed the car keys and they got out while he locked the doors.

He understood Taeil's wish to go to university together, because they had always been together since kindergarten and Jae felt another empty hole inside him, first Taeyong and now Doyoung was leaving for himself. So Jae had his head low when he walked through the corridors to the gym where rows and rows of chairs and a stage were had been set. The whole school was there and Maek was running to the graduates giving them little bunches of flowers from the younger students. Jae glanced around the room to notice Taeil and Sicheng sitting in a front row, right behind them there were Kun with Johnny and Hansol. Taeil was still red when he jumped up and started to talk to an older man with a long beard Jae was seeing for the first time. He left Doyoung and walked there.