Chapter 3

"Hey!"
Someone called behind me. I would've pointed my gun at them right away, sure that it was a Razai soldier that heard me, but it was a voice of a teenage girl, about my age. I turned around and my facial expression was probably shocked, as she laughed.
It was a blonde girl with beach waves and tanned skin. She was pretty and definitely cheerleader material. More importantly, she looked familiar. "Are you Razai?" I asked bluntly, stepping back.
"No. Duh. Razai's won't send a teenage girl like me." She walked up closer to me.
"Prove it." I was proud at how firm my voice was compared to what I was feeling inside.
"If I was Razai, I would've shot you by now." She rolled her eyes. She was even more familiar. "Morgan Fischer? I go to Lakesville High School. Everyone knows me." She shrugged and gave me a look like she expected me to go"Ohhhh!" I did know her. She sat third row four seats from the left, 7 seats in front of me in Biology.
Morgan Fischer. Renowned popular girl. Blonde hair, tanned skin and amazingly blue eyes. She also never bothered to talk to me. But I felt like running up and hugging her. She was the closest thing I had to a familiar fellow human being in days.
"Uh, hi." I gave an awkward wave as she reached me. She was carrying a Gucci backpack. Wow. Even at war, Morgan managed to make me feel overshadowed.
"Mind if I tag along?" She asked, but her tone was more like: "Look, I don't have any of my friends left and my family are supposedly dead so I'm joining you whether you like it or not." I nodded anyways and she quickly jogged in front of me. "I met two other boys. They're in the broken garage there, trying to figure out the map for Razai attacks. Of course, Casey's doing all the work." She gave me a sarcastic look and we marched off to the garage.
Morgan had gotten boys. Not one but two. At war with ashen hair and dirty clothes and I can't even get one in a prom dress.
"Casey Greenwood?" I asked, sounding a tiny bit too anxious. He was my first and current crush. Just three weeks ago, before the Razai announced the war, I was in science, drooling over the dark, mysterious preppy rich kid.
  "No, Casey Obvious. Of course, do you know another Casey?" She seemed already annoyed with.
  "You're the one who asked to tag along." I muttered, but Morgan completely ignored me. I reached the garage to see two teenage boys sitting close together, scratching on a piece of torn paper.
  "Ryan, Casey-" She stared at me. "Wait, what's your name?" She whispered, sneering at me. "Kylie, sheesh." I rolled my eyes and answered quickly. "Ryan, Casey, Kylie. Kylie, Ryan and Casey, you already know Casey." She added the last part to annoy me, plastering on a satisfied grin. I blushed and hid my face from Casey.
  "Hello, cutie Kylie." Ryan grinned. "Shut up." I snapped. I hate my reflexes. Ryan froze. Oh no. Had I stunned the school Varsity captain? But then Ryan started chuckling. "Feisty." He added.
  "Yeah." Morgan nodded unnecessarily. I looked up and my eyes connected to Casey's. He looked tired and I found myself mad at myself. How had I ever fallen for him?
  "Can we just get the hell out of his smelly garage?" Casey groaned and I disliked him even more.
  "After you sprout wings, yes." I frowned sarcastically. "It's night. Do you want to get killed?" I quickly added. They probably didn't get my first message. Boys are too dumb for the comebacks.
  "Whatever." Casey murmured at me and continued scratching doodles on his paper. Then I heard a stifle. It was Morgan, cuddled up in the corner of the garage. "Just go to bed, Lander." She mumbled when she saw me staring. Wait. How did Morgan Fischer know my name? I never told her. So she does know me. I giggled a tiny bit and found myself a corner. I turned to face the walls. The boys were still writing. I drifted off to sleep. Sleeping in a war zone.
-------------------------------------------------------
What does Kylie see in Casey? Like, he's so weird. Sorry, thats from the author. Who's your favorite character in the four kids so far? (Personal favorite is Morgan). I just like Morgan because she was the mean girl, but now looky here! Its war and she's relying on the girl next door Kylie! Yay! Bai~