Chapter 23

I was awaken when I felt soft hands touching my face. I opened my eyes and found my baby hovering above me with an agitated face. He wasn't crying but his face looked distraught. I got up and craddled him closer. 

"Honey? What happen? Are you hungry?"

It was the first time he was acting wierd. He never gave me this kind of face even when he was hungry.

Then in a sudden I heard a loud clinging of the utensils somewhere outside. I got alarmed. I looked at the clock and it was already 15 past midnight. Who could that be? 

I hugged my baby securely and slowly got off from the bed. I stayed calmed and very careful with my movement not wanting to make any sounds.

My baby seemed to understand what was happening outside and he was not making any sounds as well. 

I leaned my ear closer to the door. I heard a muffled conversation and laughs  of one... two...three men.

"Wait, a woman and a baby were living here alone. Maybe we could have some fun before we left." The other man said while laughing evily. 

"Why not!" The other voice giggled. 

I hurriedly checked the latches of the door. I searched for any sharp object I may use to fight them incase they would get in, but I couldn't find one. 

Panick was slowly eating me. They might break the door in any second. I cuddled my baby closer to my chest. Please, keep my baby safe. Just my baby. 

I quickly dialled the most recent number on the call logs. I didn't check the name and just pressed the call button directly.

Just after the second ring, somebody answered. 

"Hello Livy? Are you okay?" 

"There's.....there...help me please!!!" I couldn't make my words. All I felt was fear. I still kept my voice down not wanting to alert the men outside. 

"Olivia, baby. Calm down. Tell me...". 

"Men outside. Please, save my baby." This time I broke down to silent sobs while securely wrapping my baby with my arms.

The line became silent. I checked the phone, the call time was still running. I saw David's name on the screen. 

"David?" I was breathing and sobbing heavily at the same time.

"Baby, I'm coming. The police are on their way now." I could hear his panting on the other line like he was in a chase.

"Baby, listen to me. Make sure the doors are locked." 

"Ye..ss." 

"Do you see any pointed objects around?" 

"No..." 

The doorknob was twitching. They were trying to break it. 

"David, they are coming! They are breaking the door!" I almost yelled, and all I could hear was David cussing on the other line.

It felt like my internal organs were separating from my body.  I suddenly heard the siren outside and the breaking of the door being forcefully open. 

I sat on the bedside while still hugging my baby to me. I jumped in my seat when I heard the banging of the bedroom door again.

Nooo! They might hurt my baby. 

My phone was continuously ringing, and I saw David's name on the screen. 

"He...hello?" 

"Baby, I'm outside the door. Can you open it please?" I could hear his hard breathing.