Epilogue

A few weeks later

Mikaela

"We hereby find the defendant Noelle Jazmin Hundal guilty." The jury stated what we all knew was coming.

We had irrefutable evidence against her, not to mention the audio and camera from one of Brie's old secret recording teddy bears that was in the room. The entire ordeal and Noelle's confession were caught on tape.

"You are hereby charged with 1 count of child abduction, child endangerment and 2 counts of attempted murder in the case of Miss Abrianna Mckenzie Alsina & sentenced to 2 consecutive life terms in prison, without the possibility of parole." The judge gave his sentencing.

"Ayeee. Dab on em!" Dawn said as the judge finished.

"You shall be remanded until your pending case for the murder trial of your accomplice Mr Johan Kaiser on a date to be scheduled. Court dismissed" the judge finished with a pound of his gavel.

August gave our lawyer Meghan a hug as I followed in doing the same.

"It's finally all over," Aug said as he held onto me.

I remember we started here with me on trial for Noelle's sister helena's death...now the tables were turned.

I took a sigh of relief as I watched the bailiffs take away Noelle in handcuffs.

"Bitch aint even cute without all that makeup...looking like a light skinned Yung Joc when he got his hair relaxed," Dawn said as she shook her head at Noelle.

"I'm just happy she's never getting out," my dad chimed in.

"Damn sho' she aint," August answered.

"I'm just ready to get on with my life...don't I have a party to plan for my god son's first birthday?" I changed the topic and smiled at Dawn.

"Ooo girl. You gotta hook my baby up with chips, dips, cakes, shakes, treats, sweets ....you NAAAME IT!" D sang causing us all to laugh.

"Then let's get on outchea'...I promised Brie Babeh I'd help ha wrap Q's gift." August said as I nodded, and my dad led the way out....

***********
1 week later

"Pawpaw can I have a purples cupcake?" Brie asked my dad as I scooped ice cream into little bowls for all the kids.

"Of course angel, here you go." He said as he took one off the display rack and handed it to her.

"Thanks you very much for your kine-ness, ppreciate it Pawpaw," she said before running off.

We both giggled at her manners.

"That little girl is too much like her daddy. I remember you could ask Aug the simplest of questions...he'd give you the longest of explanations" Ms Sheila smiled and said as she walked in with an empty tray from outside.

"That isn't past tense Ms Sheila...he still does," I smirked.

"Miky the guy for the goat rides was wonderin' if he could get some mo' lemonade?" Sneak came in with August's niece Callie sitting on his shoulders and asked.

"Sure," I said as I poured him the glass.

"I still ain't know why Dawn decided ta have these little kids ride on da back of a goat? Like couldn't she just rent out a mini race track instead," Sneak shook his head.

"Cause my baby gonna be the GOAT-greatest of all time in football...Q got an arm on him I keep telling yall. So I might as well associate him with the original word goat" Dawn strolled in.