Chapter 47

A/N: Hey, kittens! I was pleasantly surprised to find out You are the Answer has been nominated by @thefictionawards for Best General Fiction Story.

It's in the running with about a dozen other Wattpad books. You can support Rhys and Riley by voting for YATA. All you have to do is:

1. Click on thefictionawards

2. Open their book The Fiction Awards 2016 on Chapter Voting - Open

3. Scroll down to Best General Fiction Story and highlight You are the Answer by CatMint5

4. Leave +1 as an inline comment

Or, instead of going through steps 1 & 2, you can click on the External link and it will take you directly to the Voting - Open chapter.

Or, instead of going through steps 1 & 2,  you can click on the External link and it will take you directly to the Voting - Open chapter

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL WHO DECIDE TO TAKE THE TIME TO VOTE FOR RHYS AND RILEY! The boys and I really appreciate it!

*****

The patrols were sent out, the children were told they wouldn't be going to school and Riley took the day off; we'd covered the basics and it was now time to decide our next step.

The meeting was held at the pub. Every pack member, regardless of their age or gender, had gathered here with the exception of very few who were at work and those in chaise of the intruder.

The owner, Conrad, had opened the doors to most of the second floor rooms - his family's residential area - in an attempt to accommodate us all, but with over a hundred wolf shifters and Riley, the pub was packed, the air stagnant and filled with animated, worried voices.

My mate and I were on the second floor with Riley leaning over the railing, his eyes going over the anxious voices of the families below. Ivan made his way towards us, pausing next to Riley.

"It won't be long before we branch out," he told my mate, taking in our numbers.

"What do you mean by 'branch out'?" Riley asked, his tired face lighting up at the opportunity to speak of something other than the white wolf. He'd dutifully told and retold the story of his encounter to anyone who'd asked.

"There are too many of us now and the more we are, the more attention we gain from outsiders." Ivan stretched and put his elbows on the railing. "It won't be long before a group of us - perhaps even from my generation - would leave in search of new territories. They'll form their own pack and come up with their own rules. Some adults will go with them, of course; there's no way we'd leave our young to fend for themselves around other packs and humans. No offense," he added, "but humans aren't exactly jumping for joy to have us around."

"None taken." Riley nodded.

Our attention was grabbed by what was happening beneath us. The door had opened and the crowd was making way for six shifters in their human form - part of the patrols Keri and I had sent out. Three of them stayed on the first floor, the other three - led by Everett - climbed the stairs with heavy steps. I knew they'd failed before my brother gave us a report.