Chapter 33 - Seeing things differently

So first things first I have had tons of ideas swirling in my head on how I wanted this book to come to an end, but I couldn't do it, the book I fell in love with while writing refused to end in my head, thanks to an amazing writer and very close person to me @peoplekillforme. She sat me down and helped me work through the worst case of writers block ever! Now just a few more twist left and my very own alpha will come to an end. Thank you all so much for being patient and hanging in there!

HARMONY POV

What the hell just happened, Hunter came out of no where and started frantically yelling at me to listen, his eyes pleaded with me and something in me went weak. Like it has every time I watched Hunter I softened, why after all he had caused to happen to me. "Harmony please listen to me, your in danger, I am here to..l" his words feel on deaf ears. Anger swelled in me, no I refuse to be hurt again, I refuse to ever fell that way again. "Danger? What the hell are you doing here, what do you want Hunter? Get away from me before I.." I was cut off when a hair raising humorless laugh bounced off the brick walls around us. Hunter spun and stood in front of me growling at the approaching man.

Something about him made me freeze, anger fell and fear swept over every inch of my body. It was him, he was the one who took me last time. No NO NO THIS CAN NOT BE HAPPENING! "I see you decided to be a traitor to your father. What will he say when he finds out his only son has betrayed him to protect his sister that destroyed his family." My mind clicked as I focused into their growling conversation. 'Protect his sister?' What the hell he talking about? "She did not destroy my family, I have never had a family, my father was never there, always plotting revenge. She is the only good that I have left that is not pure evil and my father will not touch her!"

My heart was racing, what hell is going on? I was just about to ask when the man lunged at Hunter and the fell to the ground in a ball of swinging fist and horrific growling. My heart sunk when the man slowly stood but Hunter grunted trying to stand. 'Stand strong, we can defend ourself.' My wolfs voice echoed in my head. I growled lowly trying to show him I meant business. My growl echoed off the walls sending chills down my own body. Damn I didn't think I had it in me. The large man stopped indie approach also confused and now slightly weary.

CARSON POV

My body was frozen, stuck like I was watching a movie I couldn't quiet reach. But when the man stood and Hunter stayed on the ground my body flew into action a growl echoed off the walls around us and everyone froze. It wasn't me, it my wolf and let me tell you he was as pissed as I was. I took his hesitation as my time as I felt my body fly off the ground landing on him. I will kill him, I will tear him limb from limb. He dare he think he can touch my mate, again? I was no longer in control when my fist started swinging. Nothing mattered, nothing could stop me from taken this fuckers life.

I felt warm fluid hit my shirt and face but didn't stop, somewhere in the back of my mind I knew he was dead but it didn't satisfy my wolf. I shifted instantly on ionic again, with one swift motion I ripped out his throat and watched his blood stain the ally we were standing on. Slowly I felt my wolf backing down, letting me have control again. A shaky breath behind me had me spinning around and realizing I had just acted a complete animal in front of Harmony. My little one who had already seen more than anyone ever should watched me do this to him.

I am not sorry I did it, I just wish she wasn't here to watch it. I see tears stream down her face and I wanted no I needed to hold her. Before I could move she was on her knees with itch her arms wrapped around me. 'Carson I was so scared, I didn't know what to do, I have never been so scared in my life.. I thought.l I thought I was going to get hurt again.' Her broken voice was soft in my mind causing my heart to break all over again. She was scared of meek I had made her afraid and it ripped my heart more to know it. 'Little one I would never hurt you. I am so sorry you had to see that.'

I didn't care if it was noon in Miami or that someone might see the dead body behind me or the fact that I stood as a giant wolf. I shifted and wrapped Harmony tight against my body soaking her tears up in my bare chest. "My little one, I am sorry, I never wanted you to see that." She pulled back and sucked in her sob, "no it's not you Carson, that bastard got what he deserved, i was scared he would get me again." Though she was still scared and a piece of me cried with her, my heart soared when I realized she wasn't scared of me.

A movement behind us had me spinning and facing whoever dared to come near my mate, my heart. "You!" I spit out as Hunter propped himself on the wall across from us. His face was blank of all thoughts but his eyes danced with happiness? What the hell is wrong with this guy. I growled loudly, daring him to come near Harmony, daring him to move. I would kill him to. Harmony's hand gently touched my chest as she stepped in front of me. "Carson it's okay, Hunter protected me." I should of been happy, I had seen it with my own eyes but it still pissed me off to no extent. I shook with anger under Harmony's soothing touch.

"Carson, enough, everything's okay and I need to talk to Hunter."

HARMONY POV

I knew Carson was pissed and still in defense mode just like I saw his wolf barely below the surface waiting to take over again if any one or anything came to close to me. "Carson, please I need to talk to Hunter." His eyes finally left Hunter and drifted down to me. He didn't look at my face he studied me from my feet up, checking me for injuries. I heard his exhale of breath as his eyes locked on mine. 'Baby, I am fine really. You can stay, I just need your promise not to touch him.' I knew I asked a lot because I watched the battle in his eyes. He was torn between protecting me and giving me what I asked for. He growled lowly and slowly wrapped his arms around me. I felt his lips at the bottom of my neck on his be mark, his lips pressed down gently soothing me. I wanted to shiver but held it back. Once he as calm he pulled back and nodded at me.

"Fine but not here, not near that dead animal over there. Come on, if you insist on talking, we will do it in private and I will be there. Understood?" His last part was to Hunter, his eyes were locked on he's almost sending him a silent warning. Hunter pushed off the wall and threw Carson a pair of shorts out of is his bag. I watched as Carson curled his nose up at them. 'Baby, your naked you can't walk the streets in daylight like that.' He grumbled under his breath as he roughly jerked the shorts on. 'Manners Carson.' His eyes met mine and he growled softly. 'Your pushing me little one.' But I didn't have a chance to respond before Carson's arm was around me pulling me tight to his body. He leveled his cold stare on Hunter, "thanks." I smiled softly as he began to drag me down the ally with Hunter following.

'I know that was hard for you, but he protected me, doesn't that deserve some slack.' Carson looked down at me with a pain of mixed emotions. His eyes hardened as he glanced over his shoulder to make sure Hunter was following at a respectable distance. Yes. This is how our walk home has went. Not a word spoken except for the two warnings Carson gave when Hunter apparently "came to close to me." But we have had our silent conversation the whole time. Curiosity was eating me alive. 'Yes little one and I said thank you, but I don't trust him, he looks at you strange and I know I promised I wouldn't kill him but don't make me hurt him, just don't let your guard down. You can't ask me to either Harmony. You just can't!' I heard the torn emotions in him. So I gave him a slight nod and wrapped my arms around him tighter enjoying the warmth and safety that radiated off him to me.

HUNTER POV

I am no fool, I know I am lucky to still be breathing much less walking, just like I know the only reason I am doing both is because of Harmony. If she wouldn't of stood up whe she he did Carson would of killed me to no doubts. But seeing the control she had over him and the effect she had on him made weird feelings seep through me. I've known Carson for a while and he was always so cold to girls, so heartless to blood shed. But that little 5 foot 2 inch girl that was now wrapped in I his arms and pressed tightly to his side had changed him. I wanted to smile but didn't let it out. Not yet, not until everything was out and I knew how she would react. There's a chance he still might kill me but oddly enough I didn't care as long as she gives me a chance to explain. As long as she knows before I am dead, that's all I want.

HARMONY POV

I was nervous but I hid it from Carson, something that Hunter said in the ally had my brain on a storm. Nothing was making since, he had helped capture me last time. But this time he stood and protected me, I am not saying I forgive him or even want him near me, but I was going to give him and chance to explain. One thing was sure i was starting to see things differently than before.