Chapter Thirty-Three

Keon Wyatt

It amazes me how you can fall asleep in one position and then wake up in a completely different spot and position with no knowledge of how it happened. It's like, you think you know what makes you comfortable until you wake up and your body has placed you in the true comfort spot and position. In our case, Naiya and I fell asleep with distance from each other but woke up practically on top of one another.

I had completely invaded her sleeping space, her left leg was draped over both of mine, and her face was buried within the crook of my neck. As comfortable as I was and how comfortable as she looked, I had to get myself together to go pick up Jackson from the airport. I slowly moved away and climbed out of bed quickly replacing my body with my body pillow that was on the floor. She quickly clung onto it but didn't wake up. After washing and getting dressed, I kissed the corner of her mouth and headed out.

I would've never done that shit if she was awake.

Last night was pretty intense. Naiya's revelation of feeling suicidal only told me that her need for therapy was greater than I thought. It almost made me want to cancel her apartment out but when she told me she was okay, I believed her. She said I pulled her from that point so I was confident that she wouldn't consider it or try it ever again because of me. Plus I know I'll be spending a lot of time at her place anyway. Me and her are pretty much like magnets. When I woke up this morning and felt her on me, I almost sent an Uber to get my dad instead because I didn't want to move her. My body was yearning to get back to her. My feelings were getting stronger and I know it has everything to do with our talk last night.

And that dream.

Now I don't know the specifics of it but she said my name a few times and then said 'This is our baby', which pretty much told me what it was about. I'd love to make her dream a reality but I can't do that if I don't grow some balls and tell her how I feel. Which I plan on doing randomly sometime today.

I parked at the pick-up area at the airport and texted my dad to let him know where to find me. About fifteen minutes later, I saw him walking up carrying a single carry-on. I got out the car looking for his other bags.

"Wait I thought you were staying out here for a few weeks?"

He came over to the driver's side and gave me a hug. "I was. Then I decided to stay longer."

"How long?"

"I decided to move earlier."

My eyes widened as he walked back around to the passenger side. "So where's the rest of your stuff?"

"My assistant mailed it down already. I'm good to go son let's get a move on."

Still confused, I got inside the car and we headed out.

"So your house is ready for you to move in?"

"Yup. Your mom has been handling that for me. And speaking of houses, the one I bought for you I sold it."

"Cool, it was too big."

"More like too far."

"It's like thirty minutes away from Alphonse's house."

"But it's an hour and a half away from Spelman."

He kind of muttered that part while looking out the window. Conveniently, the traffic light ahead was turning red. I pulled to a halt causing him to jerk a bit.

"What?"

"I found a nice house closer to Spelman. It's conveniently forty minutes from Spelman and forty-five minutes from your school. And with you having a lot of online classes for your last year you won't be on campus a lot so it's a win win."