1.8

-POV Samm-

I don't know what I was thinking leaving the two alone, my hopes are that they'll make friends.

Sienna and I grew up together, her family was always richer than mine. She was also loosely punished. She got what she wanted when she wanted it. Fifth grade, she won the overall school writing contest. Seventh grade, she won student of the year for all her 'donations' to the school. And in high school, her family paid to have a new wing added to the school. Throughout all of our schooling, she was the most popular, she was the best athlete, she was the best artist, she was the best at everything.

And there I was, little Sammy, the boy that followed her aimlessly because I had no one else.

Sophomore year of high school, she dated me only to use me. I should have seen it coming, since seventh grade, she had started dating around. One boy after the other. I sure as hell wasn't her first boyfriend like she tells everyone.

But dating her did come with its plus after she broke up with me I got into football, and football turned out to be the thing that made me happy.

Ever since I started playing football I've had no use for dating anyone up until I met Opal. I stopped going to practices and games to be with Opal. It didn't bother me in the slightest to skip, Opal kept me happy so I didn't need football anymore.

Sienna's family and my family were a part of a country club when they met. My mom ran into her mom in 'the powder room' and they made friends. Three years later her mom gets pregnant, my mom gets pregnant and presto, you have me and Sienna. Since our families were great friends, she and I spent every waking minute together as kids.

High school was finally where we started going our own separate ways and didn't spend as much time together. Soon she and I graduated high school, I went to college to please my parents, and she stopped schooling altogether.

Now that I've quit everything to be with Opal, she's all I have and I couldn't be any more glad about it, but Sienna is back. The last time she visited was when my parents bought me my house here in YellowHills to do my schooling.

I'm just worried Sienna will do something to ruin what I've created with Opal. I can already see the tension between the two. Sienna tends to be the jealous type, I once dated her so she's going to try to get me back now that I'm with someone. I just have to be on my guard around her.

I went to the nearby fast food joint and got us all burgers, I wasn't going to spend a ton of my money on Sienna, a girl who could buy a half the state of Washington. 

I walked into the house and found the two in the same chairs as when I left. They were laughing.

"I got us burgers," I said carefully.

"Oh Sammy, thank you!" Sienna got up and took the bag from me, placing it on the table. She dug through and distributed the three burgers to all of us, "well," she gestured with her hand, "sit down."

I looked at her with squinted eyes and sat down next to Opal. Sienna sat down across from us and picked back up her conversation with Opal.

"And like the pastor came out to 'welcome his children' and slipped on the stairs, he went face first into the drum set and passed out." The two laughed again and started on another topic, this one being about Zelda. I was just excluded from their conversation.

It was odd, they were getting along, the two are nothing alike, so I don't understand.

"Hey, Opal?"

"Hm?"

"What do you say we go on a girls night, you, me, and your friend Zelda leave dear Sammy here."

Opal looked over to me, "Eh, I'd rather stay here with Samm if you don't mind."

Sienna made a peachy smile, "it's alright, we have plenty of days to plan something. Oh! How about tomorrow you, me and Sammy go to the beachside aquarium!"

Opal looked at me again, I shrugged my shoulders, she looked back at Sienna, "sure, why not, Samm and I don't have plans anyways."

"Then it's settled," she clapped her hands together, "we shall spend the day at the aquarium tomorrow!"

She got up and threw her wrapper in the trash, then Opal stood up, "I'll be right back."

-POV Opal-

I excused myself and went to the bathroom. I locked the door behind me and let out the biggest sigh of my life.

This is Samm's old friend, I told myself, just put up with her for the two weeks she's here.

Before Samm left I figured I'd keep my mouth shut and anger on the down low so I didn't worry him. As soon as he left I put on a mask and started being nice to the girl, it looked as if she did the same thing. She and I exchanged different stories and laughed until Samm returned. I for one do not want to go with her tomorrow. But I must keep the facade going for Samm. If I don't get a good relationship with Sienna then I fear it might affect Samm and I's relationship.