Chapter 5

"Oh my God, thank you so much!" I squeal, practically jumping on him for a hug. I quickly let go and my face heats from our sudden proximity.

He laughs and guides me to his car. I immediately stop in my tracks when I see his very expensive looking red sports car.

"Is this yours?!" I ask in amazement.

"100% mine," he proudly tells me, flashing his bright white teeth.

I run the tips of my fingers over the hood of his car excitedly, and he smiles before telling me to hop in before I'm late. I happily oblige. Getting in, I buckle my seatbelt as he backs out of the parking lot.

"Where to, your Royal Highness?" he asks me. It sounds so elegant and kinda sexy when he asks that, especially because of his accent.

I laugh, remembering the game we played way back when we were younger. I was the princess because of my extravagant name. Axel was our bodyguard, and Tal was my sister, Princess Natalie. We stupidly merged our last names, Chambers and Parker together to form Chamkers: Princess Natalie and Esmeralda Chamkers of San Francisco, with Axel Parker as the royal bodyguard. It sounded more like Shamrock to me.

Attempting to speak with a British accent, I reply, "Please escort me to the gates of the University of California in Los Angeles." I fail horribly.

We both burst out laughing together, unrelentingly. We continue giving out tiny spurts of laughter over the next minute or so. I must admit, his laugh is a lovely sound.

"You still remember that from when we were in elementary school?"

"But of course, how could I ever forget such an extraordinary game?"

"Remember that time when you secretly took---" I start.

"---my cousin's tiaras for you and Talie to wear?" he finishes for me. "Yes, that was bloody hilarious! She kept on looking for them and when she found them broken underneath the couch, we got in trouble for it!"

"We were so young and dumb then," I tell him. "That was so silly!"

"Ah, but I beg to differ," he pauses to glance in my direction, "That was one of the best games I've ever played in my life."

"Stop being polite, you know for a fact that it was completely silly. Chamkers, really?"

We burst into a new fit of laughter for another minute or so. Things were nowhere near awkward at all. I was comfortable talking to him.

Still laughing, I put my head in my hands to try and stop from laughing. When I finally calm down, I sigh, smiling to myself.

"So you really like my car?" he asks, breaking the comfortable silence.

"What's not to like? You really know how to pick 'em, this car is really nice! " I don't try and hide my astonishment. The leather I'm sitting on feels so soft to the touch. Not to add all the tech stuff that I observe on the front panel of the car.

"Thanks," he says, obviously pleased with my reaction. "Mom and Dad bought it for me when I completed my two-year program in London."

Speaking of England, I had no idea! I was going to have to lecture Talie later, her brother went to England and she didn't mention this to me? And she forgot to mention that he was back in town!

"That explains the English accent," I mutter to myself.

He continues, "Natalie didn't tell you did she?"

"No, she actually didn't," I admit with a sigh.

"I'm not surprised," he replies with a chuckle.