Chapter 2- A Disgrace.

My heart lurched into my throat as everyone around me clapped and the slytherin table cheered. I felt like I would faint right there, but I shuffled my feet to the table and sat down anxiously.

All I could think about was my parents. What would they say? Would they accept me? This was all I could think about at the feast. I wanted to cry.

"Hello, I'm Lavana fern, and this is Alma firehearth, Samantha Servery, and Liliana Silverhook. Welcome to Slytherin!" I managed a smile and introduced myself. "I'm (Y/N) (L/N), it's nice to meet you all.

I felt cold eyes on me. I looked around but I couldn't find the icebox heart they came from. I didn't talk much while eating, though I never really did talk much, just listened. Of course they were all apparently excited to know I was pureblood, though I'm not sure why it matters anyways.

They talked about how pleased they were to be in Slytherin, how happy their families would be to hear the news, and so on. Even though I was anxious, it didn't stop me from having atleast three plates. My appetite was legendary.

We were escorted by our prefects to the common rooms, given a set of rules, and new robes. I'm not sure if I'd be able to sleep at all. The perfect lead us to the door and said the pass word. "Almanii consury," and it opened.

We all climbed inside. The boys gathered their things and went off to their dorms, the girls did the same. Inside it was very well decorated. Even more luxurious than my parents thought they were.

I unpaked my stuff and set it all up by my bed. My bedside had a black table with a small lamp, adorned by some small jeweled snakes here and there. A dark green book lay at rest on the edge. After I put all my robes and clothes away, I opened it. To my suprise the inside had my name written in silver letters. The pages were empty, and the parchment inside was very high-end. A pen lay next to the lamp, I clipped it to the book and set it down.

It was now time for bed, tonight the news would be adressed in letters to be sent to our parents by owls. Tomorrow most of us would get letters back. I didn't want to know what would be inside mine. I didn't ever want to know. But I must face the fact that I am the only slytherin out of my entire family.

I set Garths cage on the windowsill, he was already asleep, as if none of this phased him a bit. I wish I could sleep like him. But now I must try this magic trick on my own. I lied down and closed my eyes. I'm sure it was hours before I actually slept.

Morning.

Dawn came and I dressed accordingly for first day. I followed the girls down the stairs into the common room, the boys were there already. All there faces just lit up with excitement, accompanied by sniggering smirks. I couldn't believe this was happening.

We all went to breakfast, Lavana and her group were next to me. They seemed a tad snoody, but I could deal with it. After all, I'm sure my parents were the snoodiest people I've met. Ugh... My parents.

We went to the great hall for breakfast. I sat with Lavana and her friends. I didn't want to, but I didn't know anyone else. I heard mail was to be delivered at lunch. Great. I have to wait through God knows how many classes. Breakfast was alright, the conversations interesting enough to catch my attention.

My first class was transfiguration. It was okay. The woman who spoke our names for placement was the teacher, Professor McGonagal, she was a nice professor in my opinion. Transfiguration seemed it would be fun as well.

After that I had charms and a couple other interesting classes. But now, it was time to eat lunch. My heart couldn't stop pounding. I felt the chilling eyes on me again, I tried to pay no attention to them.

Lunch was sereved and owls started to fly in. Dropping packages, letters, and gifts. My letter was dropped on me, encased in red parchment, no seel. I opened it delicately, dreading what was inside.

My mother's handwriting was scrawled in black ink. It wasn't too lengthy, but the words were already screaming at me.

~
(Y/N), your father and I are very disappointed. We raised you to be a ravenclaw, not some daft confundling slytherin. This is a disgrace to our family as it is. How could you do this? Perhaps, though, it's not that bad, we are still cross, and will be forever disappointed. What happened to my little ravenclaw? You're not the same daughter I once knew.
                     ~  Meralda (L/N).

Those words might as well have been the death of me. They tore straight through my heart.  You're not the same daughter I once knew... Why did this have to happen?

I felt someone starring, again. The emotion must have been showing on my face quiet strongly. I looked around, no prying eyes to be seen.

-------------------------------------------------------------