16. Farm house

"They're in here" a nurse chimes as she enters the hospital room followed by 4 Police officers

"I thought I recognised them" she glares at us in fear. I knew this was all to easy, a wanted assassin can't causally stroll into a care home to visit her grandpa these days can they?
"Gotta dash, I'll see you soon grandpa" I smile breathlessly at my alarmed grandpa and grab Evans shaking hand before Bucky breaks the hospital room window with his metal arm, our Hydra training kicking in instantly and almost like a switch in our minds we turn from normal, and by normal I mean mentally unstable amnesiacs,
I drag Evan through the window and we jump down 2 floors, a girly scream leaving Evans mouth before landing on the roof of the bike shed.
"Ow" Evan groans before I grab his hand again and pull him to his fit, jumping off the bike sheds roof.
My mind some how didn't piece together that Evan is a normal person and doesn't usually jump out of buildings on a daily bases.
"That's really hard on your knees" Evan groans.
we sprint out into the busy street, my heart hammering in my chest, I can't imagine what the hell Evan must be. But judging by his death tight drip on my hand and the numerous curse words escaping his lips beneath his breath as we run.
"They're heading into the city centre" I hear a agent say into a walky talky.
"Run" Bucky yells before dashing across the busy main road,
"We will die!"
"Oh shut the fuck up Evan and just go with it!" I roll my eyes before running across the busy road and sliding over car hoods followed by Evan, tripping all over the spot and running Around the cars.
I look up at all the bill boards and traffic lights and buildings trying to work out a plan out of this. But before I could even open my mouth, shield agents came flooding from buildings, street corners and black vans. A helicopter flew around above us, with a search light...fuck.
"We are so fucked" Evan growls.
"Don't just stand there...do something!" Bucky yells before grabbing a shield agent and throwing him to the ground, knocking him out on impact. I do as I'm told and fight about 4 agents, knocking them all unconscious before realising Evan was missing.
"Evan?" I call out, knocking a agent out with my knee.
"Alex!" He calls out.
I spin on my heels to see Evan being dragged away by 2 shield agents and shoved into the back of a black van.
Well I knew he wouldn't fight and get arrested, there was no hope.
We are surrounded. Again. Last time we where in this situation we both got shot and "killed".
There was at least 100 SHIELD Agents surrounding us, plus police and loads of people trying to see what's going on or running away in fear, aka the idiots and the intelligent people. There were now multiple helicopters circling the sky above us like vultures watching their pray, every damn time people seem to forget I am a portal jumper, I create portals that can travel anywhere I think of, even alternate and parallel universes, and it's pretty hard to stop me.
"Now what?" Bucky sighs his eyes scanning all the agents as if he was calculating a plan to take them all down and run but even for two trained assassins like us that would be a struggle.
"We give them the ol' razzle dazzle" I grin taking my hair out of It's tight pony tail.
"The ol' razzle dazzle? Just shut up and do your stuff doll" buckys confused look was replaced with a smirk as I run my fingers through my long brown hair which slowly turned silver, Bucky always love watching me change into the artic fox, he said it's entrancing and for once I felt happy in my skin and almost proud to be who I am.
My skin turned porcelain white and sparkled slightly in the sun light. My hands glowed a green- blue colour. Last time I used my metahuman powers, which was like 5 months ago, I'm pretty sure my hands glowed purple.
"Fire." A voice yelled before the sound of guns cocking filled the air and bullets Where fired. I slowed down time by clapping my hands twice before any bullets could hit us and poked away any bullets that where near Bucky before generating a portal to somewhere completely random, thinking of a place That might not even exist, anywhere is better then here.
I click my fingers and time speeds up almost like a videotape being fast-forwarded.
"Get through the portal" I yell nodding my head at the glowing ring while all the agents stood dumb founded at how their bullets just dropped to floor like an invisible shield guarded us, Bucky didn't hesitate to step through.
Before I could step through I felt a bullet go into my lower back, this didn't feel like any other time I've been shot, which is a lot. This bullet felt searing hot as though it had been held over a fire until it glowed bright white.
I tumble into my portal and close it with a quick flick of my wrist before collapsing onto the ground and writhing around in pain, clutching my back and biting back groans of pain.
"Fuck! Alex what's wrong?" Bucky gasps kneeling down next to me in the tall green grass, making eye contact with me for the first time since I've seen him, if I wasn't in so much pain I probably would've choked up and words would've got caught in my thirst
"T-they've shot me w-with something" I scream biting back tears as I clutch my lower back, the pain becoming unbearable.
"Shit you need help." Bucky cusses looking around the large piece of land I had brought us too.
"How convenient" Bucky hums before gently scooping me up into his arms and carrying me bridal style, towards a neat little farm house.

Bucky places me down on my feet as I grip to him desperately for support knowing if I let go of him I'd fall onto the floor.
"Hello? Someone help us?" Bucky yells banging on the red wooden door. No longer then a minute later the door opens a jar before a small gasp leaves the person in the other side. They go to shut the door but Bucky sticks his bionic arm in-between the door frame and door.
"Please help, she's shot and she hasn't got long left" buckys voice sounded shaky and nervous.
"I-I know who you are" the girls voice stutters.
"Well you should know we aren't- just please help!" Bucky gives up trying to explain.
"Fine, but I have a gun" the woman threatens swinging to door open. She was Middle Ages and looked oddly familiar. She invites us in and we don't hesitate to enter the house.
"You two go play up stairs, go on" she urges as we enter the kitchen, 2 children where sat at the dining room table drawing and playing with Lego. The children take one glance at us before obliging too their mothers orders, almost like they've done this before.
"Right when was she shot" she huffs clearing the table before Bucky lifts me up onto the table, lying me down on my right side.
"A few minutes ago" Bucky explains watching as the brunette pulls out a first aid kit.
"A few minutes ago? How on earth did you get here Ina few mi-- never mind she's weird" she mumbles to herself.
The woman slowly peels My black shirt off the hole one my back causing me to hiss in pain.
"Okay this is going to hurt, bite this" the explains handing me a rag. I bite down on the rag and subconsciously grab Buckys human hand.
"Ready?"