Chapter 19: Gone

Peter's P.O.V.

I was sitting on the couch in my room as I looked through my prom pictures. It is Y/n's birthday today. Her mom was having a sort of memorial birthday party for her. Why did it matter anyways nothing is going to bring her back. Her family was devastated when they heard the news. I couldn't even give them her body for closure. A tear fell from my cheek onto the picture of us laughing at prom. I don't think I could handle going to that party for her. My finger stroked y/n's face on the polaroid as I dropped it back on the table. I got up and headed toward the ping pong table. Playing ping pong helped distract me from my problems for a while. I started swatting the ball back and forth by myself. Then I started to reminisce on a memory.

*Flashback*

I was playing ping pong after I came back from dress rehearsal for the play. Then I heard someone running upstairs as I continued playing. Eventually that someone started making their way downstairs. I stopped in confusion as the ball hit me in the stomach.

"Shit!"

I exclaimed while two arms wrapped around my waist. A smile appeared on my face as I turned around to see y/n. My fingers traced her cheek as she smiled up at me.

"What are you doing here?"

"I heard you got out of dress rehearsal early..."

"Were you stalking me?"

"I just missed you okay?"

"Oh, so we just started dating and you're already being clingy?"

"I can leave if that's what you want."

She let go of my waist and started to walk back to the stairs. My hand grabbed hers as I whipped her back to me. I pressed my lips onto hers as I pulled her closer.

"Stay."

I let out as she kissed me back. She broke away and gave me a wide smile.

"So, I'm not too clingy?"

"A little bit but I kind of like it."

"Kind of?"

"I've waited two years for this moment so I'm okay with anything that lets me be in a relationship with you..."

She got wide-eyed in shock.

"You've liked me this whole time!"

"Yeah..."

"Why didn't you tell me? I thought that you just started liking me recently?"

I threw my head back in thought.

"Well, I don't know... I thought it was obvious.. well... I didn't think you felt the same way and it you found out then you would stop talking to me or something.."

Her hand grazed my face as she gave me a comforting smile.

"You're not going to lose me, Peter..."

I wrapped my arms around her as I pulled her into a hug.

"Good."

She wrapped her arms around my waist as she laid her head on my chest. I gave her a quick peck on the head as she pulled away.

"You want to play some ping pong?"

I smirked at her as I picked up a paddle.

"It wouldn't be a fair game."

"For me or for you?"

She mocked at me as I rolled my eyes at her.

"Besides..."