Chapter Nine: Taking Care of The Kid And Some Jealousy

(Your POV)

It's been two weeks since I began training Korra. She's slowly getting the hang of using a rope dart. She's nearly been able to go through all the motions I did when we began training. Her determination is very admirable. And seeing that look in her eye when she succeeds makes this all worth it. Today however it seems Olivia has caught a cold. With everyone busy either with studies, work or business in the city I am the only one that can take her to the doctor. I told Korra and she offered to help me with her today. I thanked her. Right now I'm carrying Olivia to a doctor.

Korra: "What do you think she has?" Korra asked looking at the poor sickly girl. I have a few guesses. Odds are it's nothing serious though.

You: "Considering how her cough sounds I'd guess something like Strep Throat or just a really bad cold. She'll be fine." I said rubbing the girls back. "Sorry about training today. Pema didn't have the time to do this and Mako, and Asami are working. And Bolin's doing whatever he does." She laughs at that. What does he do I wonder... I'm snapped out of that quickly.

Korra: "It's alright. We've been training pretty hard. One day won't hurt." She said smiling at me. I nod in return. That is true. It also helps that she has caught on really quickly.

You: "Well still. Thanks for helping me. I sure appreciate it. I'm sure Olivia does to." I said looking at her. She just nodded weakly smiling. It must hurt too much to talk. Korra smiled and lightly ruffled her hair. "Not to pry but how are things going with Mako?"

Korra: "Alright. Just with him working I can't spend allot of time with him." She said smiling slightly. "What about you and Asami?" My breath hitched. Then I got a confused look. Where did she get that idea?

You: "Uh. Hate to disappoint but we're not dating." I said plainly. She looked at me a bit surprised. Sure I spend time with her but I spend time with Bolin to but she doesn't assume we're dating.

Korra: "Oh... Uh... Sorry I just assumed. You guys talk allot and hang out." Yes. But I spend time with her herself and Bolin allot as well. That doesn't make Asami my girlfriend or whatever.

You: "I also do the same with Bolin you know." I said laughing slightly. She just blushed from embarrassment a bit. I laugh a little more. "To be honest we started hanging out so much after Mako left her. I guess I'm easy to talk to. You'd be surprised how many people just spill their feelings and secrets to me. I guess I have one of those faces." I said scratching my chin with my free hand. She chuckled.

Korra: "Your face does contain something... Something that does seem trustworthy and honorable. Like you would never tell a soul what you know and would never judge someone no matter what." She said looking at me. Well... That's not an answer I expected.

You: "Well... Thanks... That actually is nice to hear." She smiles and nods. I then decide to change the subject. "What made you think that anyway? Sire we hang out but that can't be it." I finish readjusting Olivia in my arms so that it is easier to carry her.

Korra: "I guess it's the way you guys act around each other. You guys seem comfortable around each other. Like you've known each other for years." She replied. That may be true but like I said...

You: "Same could be said for you and I you know." I retorted. She laughed.

Korra: "Fair enough." She said looking forward. I stare at her for a moment longer than normal. I shake it off and look forward.

*SMALL TIMESKIP*

We arrived at the Doctors. It was pretty average for a doctor's office. There were white walls and white tiled floor and there was a small waiting area for people. Korra went to go get us some lunch with some money I handed her. I've made a pretty penny betting on those Matches Bolin and Mako take part in. I walk up to the counter and see the lady sitting there. She is young. Likely 25 and has brown hair and hazel eyes.