Chapter 31 ~ LEO the Lion

P.V: Leo Atlas

Leo's Office: 5:45 PM

Text to Christian: How much of Leo did you tell Eric?

"Ready?", he asks.

"Where are we going", I ask.

"Dinner", he replies.

"Where?", I ask.

"Don't you trust me?", he asks.

"No", I bluntly replied.

"I'm not taking you to kill you Josh", he says as he exits his office.

I then follow him as we enter the elevator.

"Chinese", he whispers are the elevator door closed.

I stood quiet the entire time as he led me to this car, driving off. I then my phone chime.

Text from Eric: Babe. Ready for me to pick you up?

Oh god! I forgot Eric was supposed to pick me up!

Josh replies: Sorry dear. My boss and his secretary are taking me out to dinner. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I just found out.

Text from Eric: Ok babe. Be safe. I love you *kiss emoji*

I love you? Dafaq is he thinking? I decided not to respond.

We then pull up to a restaurant called "Red Dragon's Restaurant and Bar", it looks beautiful from the outside and u could easily tell how classy it was. Leo led me through the marble doors and into the beautifully lit restaurant.

"I booked the entire restaurant. Is that okay?", he asks.

"Why?", I ask.

"It's more personal and I'd prefer not to be bothered. We can talk freely here", he says.

A beautiful lady then led us to our seats. Leo then smiled at me. It was the same smile that I've always loved. I never thought I would ever see it again.

The woman then poured us wine. Leo looked very nervous.

"Are you okay?", I ask.

"The day at the hospital I fainted, knocked out cold. Doctors decided to run some tests on me. My blood pressure soared but I was able to cool down. They took my blood for a reading. With some tests done... They told me I had Melanoma, it's a type of skin cancer.", he says.

"Oh my god", I say in shock.

"Chemotherapy, immunotherapy and radiation therapy. All in which I had no money for, my aunt and uncle decided they'd pay for it under one condition.", he stops.

"Under the condition that you leave Stratos town and never look back?", I ask.

"Yes. I've hurt you enough already. I complied with them, I couldn't put you through something like that", he winces.

"You know I would've understood the situation Leo?", I say to him.

"If I told you the situation Josh, then you would go sell your internal organs for me", he says.

I then start puffing and stood quiet cause I knew he was right.

"They came up with the story that I committed suicide. They guarded me as I wrote my last letter to you", he explains.

"I wish I knew. Are you better now", I reply tearing up?

"Yes, I'm completely healed. I had to stay out of the sun for a very long time.", he explains.

"I see. I'm glad you're better now Leo.", I say to him.

"I came back to Stratos Town a few years back. I saw my tombstone. You made it?", he asks.

"Christian, Alexandra, Dante, Lily all helped", I explain.

"That must've been nice", he says faking a smile.

"Nothing about that situation was nice... I was a wreck for years", I say gulping too hard.

"You have every right to hate me but I hope one day you'll be able to forgive me Josh", he says as he touches my hand but I pulled away.

"I thought you were dead", I said breaking down.

"Josh, we were young and foolish and so oblivious to the world but I truly was in love with you. I thought about you every day. Leaving you was the most difficult decision of my life. I put measures in place so you won't be lonely", he says as his eyes widen.

"Measures?" Lonely?", I ask.

*ding* goes my phone.

Message from Christian: I just mentioned that you had a tough time after your last relationship. I've never once mentioned Leo's name. Why what's wrong? (10/10/16, 6:37 PM)

I then froze...

Leo started unbuttoning his shirt.

"Yo. What are you doing?", I ask.

He then exposed his chest as I saw three dark lines across his chest like claw marks.

"Melanoma, this is my scar. It lays here right above my heart", he says.

"Leo the Lion, a strong name for a strong guy", I reply while touching it.

"Your the first person to ever touch it. People just thought it looked gross.", he teases.

"It's your battle wounds. It shouldn't be hidden.", I smile while my hand lays on his chest.

He then started to tear up.

"Oiiii! Leo what's wrong?", I ask.

"Josh. I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry for what I've done to you, it's unforgivable and I'm trash! You deserve better than someone as pathetic as me!!! I'm really sorry", he says breaking down uncontrollably.

"Leo, under the circumstances I don't think you had a choice. It's been a long time since then. When I was younger I wouldn't have understood this, now that I'm older I can think clearly now. It's okay. I don't blame you for your decision.", I say to him while running my hand through his hair while immediately calmed him down.

"Josh. We're both older now. We can think more maturely now and I think it's safe to say I want to put this behind us, it's been weighing down on me since then. I feel as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulder", he says wiping up his tears.

"It'll be okay Leo. It's not your fault", I say as I smile at him.

As the candles burn at the table, I could feel the fire in my heart light up. What was a void of cold and dark wind, after what happened to Leo miraculously sparked the flames of my life back to me.

SPECIAL THANKS TO EEVEE and SAIF FOR ALL YOU'RE SUPPORT. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH IT MEANS TO ME, IM SO GRATEFUL YOU STUCK AROUND. THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO'S READING RIGHT NOW. THAT'S ALL THE SUPPORT I NEED. IT REALLY DOES MEAN THE WORLD TO ME.

DID YOU LIKE IT? DID YOU HATE IT? LET ME KNOW. THANK YOU AGAIN :*