Chapter 32 ~ Space & Time, Wouldn't Let You Be Mine

~ Character Image -Josh~

My evening with Leo turned into something special. I felt like we both got the closure we needed but begs the question... What happens now?

"I'll take you home Josh.", smiles Leo.

"Alright", I smile.

"Thank you for this evening. We can finally move on now.", he says as he leads me to his car.

"Yes but what happens now?", I ask.

"Now I take you home and you get some rest and report to work at 10 AM tomorrow.", he says as he drives off.

It didn't take long before we arrived at my apartment building.

"Thank you again for tonight. See you in the morning boss", I tease as I get out of his car.

He then blushes as he drives off. The night was far from over. There's still something I need to do..

I slowly walk to my apartment for the rash decision I'm about to make. I open the door to find Eric sitting on the couch.

"Welcome home Josh", he says with a worried look on his face.

"Can I borrow your pen?", I ask.

"My pen?", he asks.

"Yes sir. I'd like to see a golden pen.", I smile.

"I forgot it at work baby.", he says as he kisses my neck.

I then slowly back away.

"You didn't tell me you know Leo Atlas", I said to him.

"Oh you found out?", he says.

"Somewhat. I put two pieces together", I said.

"Babe. This won't be the answer you are looking for.", he says.

"Tell me, Eric. What's going on?", I ask.

"I had a huge crush on Leo, I've known him for about 4 years now. I confessed my love for him but I was turned down. He was still in love with you. He asked for one favor, that I come to you and mend you, that was the original plan, keeping you company. Leo wanted to make sure you weren't lonely so he sent me to keep you company, at first I thought it was a bother but I ended up falling in love with you.", he explains.

"So you dated me cause Leo asked you to?", I ask.

"Can't you think of me as your guardian angel?", he teases.

His cocky attitude pissed me off.

"How exactly did you save me?", I ask grinding my teeth.

"You were lonely... Weren't you?", he asks trying to touch my face but I swat away his hand.

"It may be true I was a tad bit lonely but it helped me become strong and independent Eric. I don't want you deciding that for me.", I say to him.

"It was fate for us to meet Josh", he says.

"Fate isn't planned.", I say.

"It'll be okay", he assures.

"I need some time alone Eric, I need to process this", I say to him.

"I won't leave you alone Josh.", he says.

"I'm not asking you Eric.", I say to him.

I could see the pain in his eyes as I said that. He eventually gave up and slowly left hoping I'd change my mind. I couldn't deal with this right now. Eric then left and I decided to take a shower.

I took a long 20-minute shower, just standing there under the hot water as it soaked my body. I'll talk to Leo tomorrow and hopefully, we'll get this sorted out. I then jumped into bed not bothering to put clothes on. I eventually fell asleep with Leo in my mind.

Tuesday, October 10th, 2016 - Diamond Star

Eric volunteered to take me to work but I declined his offer and took the bus.

I hurry to Leo's office in hopes that I could tell him what's on my mind. I knock on the door, in his office was Candice and some guy.

"Good Morning Josh", she smiles.

"Oh this is Josh?", the guys says in a surprising tone.

"Yes this Josh", Candice says.

"Hi Josh, I'm Damian. It's nice to meet you", he says shaking my hand.

Leo then walked in, he looked really grumpy but lit up when he saw me.

"Good mor...", I didn't get to finish as I was interrupted by Damian.

"Good Morning Brandon", says Damian.

"Good Morning everyone.", replies Leo.

"Ready for brunch?", says Damian.

"Oh right! I'm sorry I forgot. I have a meeting this morning. Raincheck?", Leo says.

"Fine but you have to make it up to me later", Damian says puffing.

"Later won't do. I have an important gathering later, tomorrow morning?", Leo pleads.

"You never make time for me!", yells Damian as he storms off.

Leo then quickly ran after him. Who was that guy? A friend? A lover? I mean, of course, he'd have a boyfriend ... I can't come back into his life and suddenly claim him. Can I? Is that really what I want? What do I want?

"You're quite deep in thought Josh", says Candice.

"Ooh. No", I smile.

"You need your thoughts this morning Josh, your first client is here", she smiles.

"Client?", I ask.

"Follow me", she says as she leads me into my office.

I walked into my office and a young man sat awaiting us. He then got up to greet us.

"Josh meet your first client. His name is Stefan", she smiles.