Chapter 26- His Camelia

His Camelia was the lady in red.

The woman who at one time weaved a spell over him. 

The woman who he felt a powerful pull towards. 

The same woman who won him over in a span of a short few months. 

Her lips. They were the same.  Plump and full.  The only difference was the ruby red lipstick enhanced their shape. 

Her eyes.  They changed with make-up, recalling the darkness contrasting the shade. 

Her hair.  It was lifted into a elegant bun to the back of her head. The same exact color.

The nagging feeling always in the back of his mind...

Stefan's body began to go numb with shock and disbelief due to the overwhelming feelings running through is brain.  All this time she was right under his nose and he was ever the fool for being so blind.  He should have recognized all along who she was.

Their minds had connected.  Never in his life has he ever paid attention to anybody nor had anyone affected him so much since Camelia.  He sensed her. The deep connection between them was there from the start.  His little princess Camelia was the captivating female he fell for. 

Everything seemed to moving slowly as he staggers backward, letting the white sheet fall from his clenched fist absorbing the truth standing before him as he stared intently at the red hot dress. He reached slowly and touched the extravagant beading as if to feel if it were true.

The beads felt ridged under his fingertips and he inhaled sharply, wrapping a hand around the waist of the mannequin as if it were Camelia.  His mind flashed back to that night as he held her, seeking her identity, pleading her to give him her name as pushed against his chest. 

Of course she was there.  Standing nervously on the balcony all alone, fearful for appearing on stage. 

Stefan pinches his nose and shakes his head at himself recalling the moment her parents stood during the auction and the moment she smiled at them while he never bothered questioning that night's events to Julien. 

Not a moment too soon, it hit him as he realized she knew it was him.  Camelia reached out with her eyes, urging him to remember her.  Despite the mask, and ten years, she recognized him.  And she never revealed herself.

Why?

Whatever the reason, for the first time in weeks he smiled–A great warm wave of relief spread over him and suddenly his smile stretched from ear to ear.

The little tease.  His Camelia liked to play hard to get.  Just the way he liked. 

The shower stops running in the distance and instantly Stefan releases the mannequin, bends to pick up the sheet and re-covers the dress, leaving it as if it was never undisturbed. He edges behind the slightly ajar door and peered through the crack.  The shower opens and Stefan takes it as his queue. 

With quick, purposeful strides he moves from the closet straight for the bedroom door without being seen.  He turns the knob and ever so gently closes the door without a single noise. 

He exhales loudly and rakes a hand through his disheveled hair as he crosses the way to the guest bedroom he occupied. His phone begins to vibrate in his pocket.