29: Jenna Meets Isobel

I woke up not even an half hour after i fell asleep to someone knocking on the front door

I woke up not even an half hour after i fell asleep to someone knocking on the front door. I couldn't hear any footsteps, so I felt forced to check it myself. By the time I had gotten out of bed, and half way down the stairs, Jenna had best me to the door. I stood still in the middle of the stairs, waiting to see who had come to the door at such a late hour. I assumed it would be Damon or Stefan, as they were typically the only people to come over so late.

   "Who is it, Jenna?" Jenna glanced at me before pulling the door open. You could tell by her short hesitation that she didn't know who stood in front of her. I stepped down a few of the stairs to get a better look at who was at the other side of the door.

   "Hi, you must be Jenna." I recognized Isobel's voice immediately. "I'm the twin's mother." Before Isobel could introduce herself, Elena had muttered her name from the hallway.

   Isobel couldn't see me from where I stood, and I wasn't sure I wanted to continue down the stairs to show myself. Jenna could see me, and she looked heartbroken as she glanced between Elena and I. "Hello Elena, it's nice to see you again."

   Elena walked closer to the door as Jenna's jaw dropped slightly. "Again?" Jenna's attention was all on Elena. I stayed silent, I didn't want to see Isobel, and I didn't want her to see me. There was no other reason for her to be here than to start problems.

   "So, you're the woman dating my husband." Isobel spoke even though nobody else had really said anything. "I really need to talk to Elena, may I come in?"

   I ran down the stairs (at a human speed) and pulled the door open, "no!" I muttered out the same time Elena did. "Don't invite her in."

   "Blair," Isobel smiled, "I thought I heard you breathing. I need to talk to you, the both of you."

   "No." Elena didn't hesitate to slam the door in Isobel's face and I didn't blame her.

   Jenna's eyes moved back and forth between Elena and I. She was obviously hurt, that Isobel had shown up, even more hurt than we had met her before without her knowledge.

   "You-" Jenna stuttered, probably trying to muster up some words. Tears were welling up in her eyes. "You two knew she was alive?"

   I opened my mouth to speak, but closed it. I didn't know what to say. Nothing would make Jenna feel better. "Ric? John? Did they know?"

   Elena tried to reason with Jenna, "i- I can explain everything." Jenna wasn't having it, she shook her head and started walking away. "No, Jenna, please!"

   Jenna was headed towards the stairs, so I blocked them. "Let us explain. It's more complicated than us just not telling you. We didn't keep it a secret to hurt you, we just -"

   Jenna shook her head again. She pushed pass me and ran to her room. Elena and I followed after her, please's coming from both of our owns. Jenna slammed her door and locked it behind her. Elena pounded on the door and tried the handle. "I could break the lock." I whispered, gripping the handle.