Liam; Key To My Heart

who is your favorite couple in teen wolf? (season 1- season 5)

i gotta say scallison, i have to

***

There he is. There he is with her. Your heart breaks at the sight of Liam standing beside Hayden, laughing at something she had just said. You swallow heavily as you tear your eyes away from the pair.

You and Liam are friends, but that is mainly because you're both in Scott's pack. I guess you can say that you're only friends with one another by default. And it bothers you more than you think.

"Y/N, did you hear anything that I just said?" Stiles snaps his fingers in front of your face. You blink rapidly, clearing your frantic mind as your eyes meet with his.

"No, sorry. I'm sorry." You shake your head, looking down. Stiles groans and leans against the lockers behind him.

"She was too busy staring at Liam." Malia chimes in, wiggling her eyebrows at you and Stiles.

"No, I-I wasn't." You lie. Malia is aware of your interest in Liam Dunbar, but she has kept it a secret for a long time. Until now.

"Oh come on Y/N. I'm not going to stand here and watch you stare at him. It's actually sad." She crosses her arms over her chest. "Hey! Dunbar!" She calls, catching Liam's attention.

"Malia, what are you doing?" You whisper, not turning around to look in Liam's direction.

"And he's coming over here." Stiles nods his head awkwardly. You turn to face him but he is already gone.

"Yeah?" Liam says once he is in front of you and Malia. His gaze shifts between the two of you.

"Wow, would you look at that? I'm late for my next class." Malia makes up an excuse to leave and before you can protest against her leaving you, she walks away.

"What was that about?" Liam laughs narrowing his eyes.

"What, what was what about?" You ask rather awkwardly.

"Well Malia just excused herself to go to class, but school ended twelve minutes ago." He points out and you internally curse.

"Oh, well I don't, I don't know." You shrug your shoulders, shifting from one foot to the other as your knees start feeling a little weak.

"Okay then, well I'll see you around Y/N. Pack meeting later?" Liam raises an eyebrow and you nod your head. He smiles politely before walking off. You can't help but let your eyes follow him, your heart dropping when he meets up with Hayden and they stroll out of the school together.

***

You sit on the sofa in Scott's living room scrolling through your Instagram feed as you wait for the rest of the pack to arrive.

Malia sits beside you, but she doesn't say anything because she can tell that you're pretty occupied at the moment.

"Hey guys." A familiar voice speaks and you look up from your screen. Your heart jumps at the sight of Liam.

You hate how much you like Liam. You have had a crush on him since freshman year, and now it's starting to feel like more than just a crush.

You want to tell him exactly how you're feeling, but you're scared. You're scared of what he'll say, you're scared of what he'll do. You were scared that it would ruin your friendship and even though it wasn't the strongest, it was all you had.

"What is she doing here?" You hear Malia ask. At first, you're unsure of who she is talking about, but then you notice Hayden walking in after Liam.

"She's helping us. Scott said we need all the help we can get." Liam explains. You swear that Malia had probably heard your heart crack a little.

"We don't need her help." Malia says harshly and Hayden raises her hands in defense.

"Alright Malia, there's no need to be a total bîtch about it." Liam rolls his eyes before turning back and apologizing to Hayden for his friend's attitude.

"I'm the bîtch?" Malia stands up, laughing bitterly, "no Liam. You're the bîtch! You brought another girl over here after Y/N told you how she feels about you!" Malia raises her voices and your eyes widen.

Oh no, Malia thinks that you confessed your feelings to Liam after school. Oh no, no, no.

"What are you talking about?" Liam steps forward, furrowing his eyebrows. You cover your face with your hands, wishing that the couch would just swallow you in.

"Y/N," Malia looks down at you, "you did tell Liam how you feel, right?" She asks and you shake your head at her. Her lips form an 'o' shape as she sits back down.

"Y/N?" Liam calls your name and you tilt your head up to look at him. You love the way your name sounds coming from his mouth. "Can we... Talk?"

Slowly, you stand up nodding your head. He walks into another room and you follow.

"What Malia said about you having feelings for me, is that true?" He questions. You avoid eye contact, you don't know what to tell him. You don't know what to say.

"Yes." You mumble.

All that Liam says is, "oh."

You knew that you shouldn't have told him. You should have just kept it all locked inside. The secret would eventually grow too heavy to hold, but you regret telling him now.

"It's true, Liam." You look up and your eyes meet with his. "I-I like you. I've liked you for a really long time, but I never h-had the courage to tell you."

Liam nods his head, taking in what you have just told him. "What- What about all those guys you've gone out with?" This time Liam avoids eye contact.

"I, uh, I've t-tried to see other people, because I thought, I thought that maybe I could get over you. But it didn't work, because I don't like them the way I like you, L-Liam. Y-You hold the key to my heart." You confess, and you feel as if a heavy weight had just been lifted off of your shoulders.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"I was scared that you didn't feel the same way about me." You admit, looking down and twiddling with your fingers.

You look up as soon as you notice Liam taking a few steps towards you. Your heart picks up its pace when Liam cups your face with his hands.

"I'd be lying to you if I told you that I didn't feel the same way about you Y/N." His lips curve into a small smile and yours do the same.

You had promised yourself that you'd never kiss a boy first, but you couldn't stop yourself with Liam.

***

don't forget to vote and comment if you want