19: Decorators

Hey everyone! Glad you all loved last chapter, I certainly loved writing it. Not as cute and fluffy this chapter but still very light-hearted.

I have a feeling you will all love next chapter. More of Harley than Ivy. It's going to be a great 20th chapter.

Anyway, on with the chapter!

:-{ D

--------------------

"What's up red?" Harley asked, staring at Ivy across the table from her. Ivy took a sip from her drink, placed her cup down and sighed slightly. "For a while now, I've been wanting to do some decorating but I've just not got round to it" Ivy replied. "How come you never got round to decorating?" Harley asked. "I just couldn't find time to do it. Plus I lived on my own" Ivy revealed. Harley suddenly got an idea. "Let's do it red, let's decorate! I'll help ya!" Harley encouraged her. "Really?" Ivy asked. "Course red! I'll help ya! Come on, let's decorate!" Harley insisted. Ivy smiled and nodded in agreement.

Ivy placed the last tin of paint in a trolley. After breakfast, Ivy and Harley headed into Gotham to buy some paint. They chose green and red. After choosing the paint and paying, the pair headed back to the car. Ivy placed the paint cans into the boot of the car, with the help of Harley. Ivy smiled as she placed the last can into the car. "Hey Harl, shall we have dinner out?" Ivy asked with a smile, turning to Harley. Harley's face lit up. "Yeah okay!" Harley cheered. Ivy closed the boot and locked the car before walking off with Harley, hand in hand.

The pair were sitting opposite each other in TGI Fridays, reading the menu. "Wow, I can't choose!" Harley exclaimed, trying to make up her mind. "You can have whatever you want Harl" Ivy smiled, looking back at the menu. 

They stared at the menu a bit longer before finally deciding on their meals. "Hello ladies, have you decided on your meals or do you want a few more minutes?" The waitress asked. "We're ready" Ivy smiled. The waitress smiled and pulled out her pen and notebook. "What will it be?" She asked them. After they ordered, the waitress took their menus and went away. Harley took a sip from her straw. She smiled at Ivy as drank from the straw in her drink. Ivy couldn't help but smile back at her blonde lover sitting in front of her. "Your cute" Ivy stated. "Aw red, your so adorable" Harley replied with a grin. "That's you baby" Ivy pointed out. Harley giggled. She got up, moved round the table and sat next to Ivy. Harley threw her arms round Ivy and hugged her. She rubbed her head lovingly. Ivy hugged her back, placing her head on top of Harley's head.

Ivy and Harley arrived home. They took the tins of paint in, put some old worn out clothes on and got some paint brushes. "Where we painting first red?" Harley asked. "We'll do the bathroom for now" Ivy replied. The pair entered the bathroom. Ivy placed some some old rags on the floor to keep the floor protected. Harley put down the trays of paint and the pair began painting.

After a few minutes, Harley stopped. Ivy looked at Harley as she continued to paint the wall. "Not bored already are you?" Ivy asked. "Nah red, I was wondering... Could I put the radio on for music in the background?" Harley asked. Ivy smiled. "Of course, it'll be less boring with some music playing" Ivy agreed. Harley left the room and returned shortly after with the radio. She switched it on, got some music playing and resumed painting. Half an hour went by. Ivy looked at Harley and stopped painting.

"Love, paint long strokes up and down. Gets the job done quicker" Ivy pointed out. "Yes boss" Harley saluted and started to paint like Ivy said. "What's that supposed to mean?" Ivy asked, smiling. Harley stopped and turned her head towards Ivy. "Oh, I just didn't know you were a master decorator" Harley smirked. "I ain't" Ivy replied. "Thought so" Harley smiled. Ivy laughed and shook her head. "I'll have you know that I've painted rooms before. I'm not a master at decorating but I sure know what I'm talking about" Ivy stated. "Are you a master at cleaning up mess?" Harley asked. "What do you mean?" Ivy asked.

Harley then slapped Ivy with the brush, creating a massive paint mark on her cheek. Ivy's mouth was wide open in shock. Harley covered her mouth from laughing. "Come here!" Ivy exclaimed. Harley shrieked, dropped the paint brush and ran out of the room. Ivy chased Harley into the bedroom when Ivy tackled her to the floor. She pinned her down, making sure she would not escape. Harley laughed as Ivy stared down at her. "You, young lady need to be taught a lesson" Ivy grinned. She then started to tickle Harley. Harley began laughing uncontrollably, trying to squirm free. "No-re-red-stop-s-st-stop" Harley begged in between laughter. Ivy kept on tickling, not stopping at all. Harley kept on laughing as she tried to squirm free.

Ivy stopped tickling after a minute. Ivy rolled over and laid beside Harley on the floor. Harley was breathing heavily. She rolled over onto her side and snuggled up to Ivy. "We are such great decorators" Harley giggled. Ivy smiled and nodded in agreement. "Sorry for messing around. I know you really wanted to decorate" Harley said softly. Ivy looked down at Harley. "Are you kidding? I don't mind at all. If I did this year's ago, it would have been so boring. But you've made it fun. I don't mind at all having a little fun, as long as the job is done" Ivy told her. Harley smiled up at Ivy. Ivy kissed her softly, hugging her tightly...

--------------------

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. The next update should be later this week (between Thursday and Sunday). But it may not be until next Monday as I have a lot on and it's not just an ordinary chapter. Just have to see, I'll try hard to get it done as quickly as possible.

Before I go, I just want to recommend TGI Fridays. I had a meal their and it was lovely so if you have one near you, try it out.

Next chapter is titled: "It Has to be Special". See you all in the next chapter!