Chapter 5

I finally got a new phone (thanks to my first ever job haha) so I'm back to writing again. This chapter will be sort of a flashback of what happened while Hinata was asleep so don't be confused.

PS: thank you for all of you who keeps on waiting and for those who left me messages. I love you all 😗😗❤

- Akaichi

CHAPTER 5

Hinata's salve coated fingers soothed the stinging bruise on Yamaguchi's neck. He sighed, trying his best to relax. He's not sure anymore if what he did was the right thing to do or he's just no doubt insane.

Despite the exhaustion from both mental and physical stress, Yamaguchi had a hard time trying to sleep last night. When he woke up earlier at the crack of dawn, Hinata was still sleeping so soundly that he didn't bother waking him up.

The forest was already buzzing with life when he sat up from his body bag.  He felt awkward, doesn't know what to do, like an animal in a new territory. The Weres were obviously busy first thing in the morning, doing things left and right.

"You're Yamaguchi, right?" A blonde squirrel appeared on his right. She's a head shorter than Yamaguchi and seems to be harmless but Yamaguchi knew better than be unguarded around strangers - and a Were for that matter. He nodded, a polite if cautious affirmation nonetheless.

"Are you hungry? We already have breakfast on the table." She offered, smiling so brightly as if she and Yamaguchi have been friends for so long.

Yamaguchi turned his head to the group of Weres around the stone table eating breakfast. He must have looked skeptical because her smile turned gentle. "Daichi-san ordered us to get some food for you, humans. We have fruits for you and some meat turned in the fire." Yachi pointed the small bonfire not so far from the stone table. "Believe it or not, we also know how to cook." She winked.

Yamaguchi failed to hide the lifting of the corner of his lips in a smile. He decided if should wake Hinata up but thought against it because the red-head looked peaceful sleeping. He must have been so tired. Also, Yamaguchi would still be able to see Hinata from the stone table. He followed Yachi to the stone table and settled in a vacant seat at the farthest corner. Yachi went to fetch their food while Yamaguchi looked around the table suspiciously, quietly observing the Weres.

Surprisingly, they were eating like how normal humans do. His brows lifted up at the way Asahi-san the Bear opened his mouth to eat some berries. He must have noticed Yamaguchi's stare because his eyes turned to the human and Yamaguchi couldn't believe it himself but the flush that colored the bear's cheeks cannot be mistaken for anything. Yamaguchi almost smirked when Asahi shyly turned his eyes away.

"Please do not look at Asahi-san for more than 10 seconds, Tadashi-kun." The hare on his left whispered, "He's a shy thing. You're making him uncomfortable." There was a hint of a grin on the hare's lips so Tadashi didn't think that there was something hostile on the warning.

"Sorry." He apologized just in case he was misreading the reactions from the Weres. "It's just that... I've never seen Weres before. I can't help but get fascinated. Pardon me for being rude but I didn't mean to."

Yachi came back with a wooden bowl with hot soup that smelled divine and a plate of freshly cooked meat. She placed it in front of Yamaguchi. "Do not worry. We understand how it must have felt for you guys to discover a world that you have always thought just exist in the fairy tales."