nineteen

"To love somebody isn't just a strong feeling.
It's a decision,
a judgement and a promise."

————————

"Argh. . ." I groaned in pain, and completely awaken all my senses as soon as my back hit the ground when I fell down from the couch. I slept on the couch last night, and my back hurts so much. I rubbed my back, standing up as I went to the kitchen. Taehyung would probably wake up by now, and it wouldn't be nice if I didn't prepare breakfast. I decided to cook chicken porridge since Taehyung only has a limited food supply in his fridge.

I started cooking, and barely make any noise so I wouldn't wake him up. I've watched my mom cooked chicken porridge several times when I was a kid. She did that to help my dad sober up from drinking. It was my first time cooking, so I hope it would turn out good.

After twenty minutes, the porridge was all done, and I only did minimal errors. The savory aroma of the food could be smell from the atmosphere. Then suddenly, I heard him inside his room, "Solji?" He called. I heard his footsteps inside, and twisted his knob open, still calling for her name. "Solji?" Taehyung's bedroom door creaked open and he stood there for a few seconds. His bed hair was like it was hit by strong hurricane, and his eyes were so small, but still, he's perfect. "Sol—Oh! Areum!" I felt the difference in the tone of his voice when he called me and her name.

"Good morning," I tried to smile brightly, "Are you disappointed to see me?" I asked him as I poured the chicken porridge in his bowl. Taehyung sat by the kitchen counter and I handed him his bowl of soup.

He looked at the porridge, then to me. "Of course not." He smiled, "I'm just used to having her here whenever I got drunk. But seriously, I'm really happy you're here." I wasn't convinced, but I smiled. I sat across him and handed him a glass of milk and a spoon. I also brought my own bowl of porridge, so we could eat together. "I didn't know you can cook." There's a lot of things you don't know about me, Taehyung, and so am I to you.

"I've watched my mom done it a million times for my dad when he was drunk, so I memorized her cooking style since I was a kid." I said, and Taehyung listened as he took a spoonful of porridge in his mouth after blowing it.

"Your dad must be so lucky to have her."

"They're divorced now, but yeah, he was lucky." Taehyung didn't lift his head up to look at me or ask any further questions. He probably thought I would ask him personal questions if he continued. There were minutes of silence before I break the ice. "Solji and Hoseok helped me to take you home actually. You were so drunk last night. You puked on my dress and your smell was literally all over Hoseok's shirt."

"Ah," He laughed uneasily. "That's why you're wearing my shirt. Sorry." He smiled, then paused as he recalled something. "Oh, right! Your mom! She told us you should come—"

"Don't worry, I called her last night before I sleep and I told you were drunk and alone, so I had to take care of you and she was fine with it." I told him.

He sighed in relief. "God, I thought we're in big trouble though." He said, "I feel embarrassed right now. Your mom might think I'm such a worthless boyfriend."

I shook my head, "Don't think that way. Mom never thinks like that. She really likes you, you know?"

"But still I feel bad."