Change your mind by @MusicAndTvAreLife

Nothing beats London this time of the year so what better way to continue our journey than welcoming the sweet @MusicAdnTvAreLife in our sisterhood. Read, comment and follow her. Love you sweetpeas!

The café I had chosen for today's lunch break was a small cosy one, slightly hidden in a small street, just a few metres away from the hectic Regent Street

The café I had chosen for today's lunch break was a small cosy one, slightly hidden in a small street, just a few metres away from the hectic Regent Street. Not a lot of people were sitting around the small tables as most people just walked past it, not bothering to even spare it a second glance. That, however, was what made it so appealing. A steaming cup of tea was sitting in front of me on the table, my cold hands clasped tightly around the warm mug, as I was trying to come up with another line for my poem. The bell above the door rang and I looked up to see who had entered. My heart skipped a beat when I immediately recognised the tall figure. He pulled off his beanie and run a hand through his hair, before his green eyes wandered over the people in the room.

I hastily averted my eyes when his green eyes brushed over the corner booth I was sitting in and after a small sip from my tea, I continued writing into my little notebook. I didn't look up again, but I heard him order a cup of tea and then a pair of boots coming my way. My eyes still focused on the table in front of me, I saw a pair of worn out, brown boots appearing in my field of vision and then someone cleared their throat. Hesitantly, I lifted my gaze and was met with a pair of piercing green eyes. "Would you mind if I joined you here?" he asked me huskily and I let my gaze wander over the other free tables in the café before I nodded. The chair made a loud scratching noise as he pulled it out and after an apologetic glance to the couple at the table next to ours, he gracefully sat down. I felt his eyes on me and closed my notebook, unable to concentrate with his presence so close to me.

"Oh, please don't stop writing on my account." He gave me a smile and after a couple of seconds I shyly returned it. There was a short silence as he took a sip from his tea, his long fingers wrapping themselves around the mug. The sun reflected in one of his rings, making me squint my eyes for a second. When he realised what he had done, he quickly lowered his hand again and sent me an apologetic smile. "Oops, sorry about that. I'm Harry, by the way." He held out his hand for me to shake and after a moment of hesitation, I wrapped my much smaller hand around his. His handshake was firm, yet gentle at the same time, and he held onto my hand for a couple of seconds longer than it would have been necessary, before he cleared his throat and let go off me.

"I'm Leyla." I introduced myself with a small smile and blushed when I felt his gaze on me. "That's a beautiful name." he complimented me and my cheeks felt like they were at least dark red by now. "Thank you." I thanked him quietly and nervously started to play with the napkin that was lying on the table in front of me. "What were you working on before I so rudely interrupted you?" I looked up and saw that he was looking down at me with real interest in his eyes. "Oh, nothing really. Just a poem. Nothing as good as the lyrics you would write." I explained and he shook his head. "I somehow doubt that. Are you a fan of our music?" he asked me, a small grin on his face which made his dimples show and I secretly swooned inside, while trying to keep my composure on the outside.

"Yes, absolutely. Although, I'm more a fan of the last three albums than the first two. Some great songs that you guys have written." I complimented him and I could detect the hint of a blush on his cheeks. "I'm glad you like them." he commented quietly. Not knowing how to reply to that, I took another sip from my tea and nodded. "What are you doing here in London?" he asked after a short pause and I looked up from my tea. "Oh, I am studying part-time to become an English teacher and the rest of the time I am working at a crappy job in a call centre to finance my degree. I am just here on my lunch break, which", I threw a look at the big clock on the wall over the fire place, "ends in ten minutes." I pulled a face and he chuckled. "Sounds like a busy life." I nodded and downed the rest of my tea. "I am sorry, Harry, but I really have to go now if I want to make it back on time." I apologised and stood up. "It was nice to meet you, though. Surreal, but nice." I gave him a small smile and turned around, but a hand wrapped itself around my arm, making me stop.

"Can I see you again?" I turned around and saw that he, too, had gotten up, a hopeful look on his face. "Look, Harry, I am sure you are a great guy, but I don't really have the time for anyone right now." I started off, but he took a step forward and cut me off. "Please? Just give me a chance?" The desperation in his voice made me feel bad for rejecting him, but I couldn't let myself get pulled into his world. "I am sorry, Harry, but I can't." I gently tucked my arm out of his grip and with a last smile in his direction, continued my walk to my office.

When I returned to the café a week later, the first thing I noticed was someone sitting in my booth. I ordered my usual cup of tea and then slowly made my way over to the booth, where a pair of green eyes were staring up at me. "Decided to give me a second chance, Leyla?" My name rolled easily off his tongue, making my heart flutter inside my chest. "Well, I don't seem to get rid of you so quickly." I joked and sat down next to him. He gave me a wide grin and pushed a plate with two cookies in my direction. "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." he quoted Casablanca and I laughed. "You're a dork, Harry." I told him with a grin, but he just shrugged, apparently unable to deny that. "What made you change your mind?" he asked me with a small smile. I returned his intense gaze and felt a small smile creep upon my face. "The fact that you saw me when no one else did."