"You went all Bronx on her."

Brooklyn

“Oh for fuck’s sake, shut that damn thing off.” Justin exclaimed irritated against the pillow, making me only then realize that the alarm clock was ringing loudly. I could feel the warmth of his body around me, little beads of sweat forming in the back of my neck from how hot his skin was.

I stretched my free arm and began to slap the surface of my nightstand until I casually hit the snooze button of the alarm and the annoying beeping stopped echoing around the room. Justin emitted a satisfied moan. Meanwhile I groaned when it sank in that I actually had to wake up for school after less than 4 hours of sleep.

“Don’t go to school today.” Justin mumbled still half-asleep, tightening the arm he had around me. During the night I had ended up giving my back to him and our fingers were interlocked on top of my tummy.

“I have to go.” I stated, trying to convince myself more than him as I disentangled our legs and our fingers. I had to catch my balance once I was out of the bed, nearly tripping with my own feet. My head was a bit fuzzy due to the lack of sleep and I basically felt like the morning I had woken up with a hangover, even though all I had drank at yesterday’s “party” was coke.

Justin didn’t make any attempt to leave the comfort of the bed so I took advantage to walk into the bathroom. Once inside, I used the toilet and then opened the tap of the sink to splash cool water on my heated face and neck. It helped me wake up a little and when I met my reflection in the mirror, a smile was tugging at the ends of my lips. Believe it or not, I just spent the whole night cuddling with Justin. The voice at the back of my head was fangirling.

While I brushed my hair, trying to unknot the mess I had created over night, I thought about the things Justin had said to me a mere few hours before.

“I’m sorry. I don’t ever wanna fight again.”

“If you don’t stop now, I don’t know if I’ll be able to stop myself.”

“Good, because I want to be the first one to be this close to you, baby.”

Remembering everything – and especially that last sentence – was making me feel all giddy inside, I didn’t even need to apply blush because my cheeks were already pink. I finished my makeup and hair, settling for only mascara and lip-gloss – accompanied by a generous amount of concealer to cover the purple bags under my eyes – and a simple side braid.

I heard rustling when I came out of the bathroom, its source being a very sleepy Justin putting on his t-shirt and shoes. So no contemplating his abs for me this time either.

“You can use the bathroom if you want now.” I offered him, jabbing my thumb back at the door.

“Alright.” He gave me a cheeky, yet sleepy, grin before getting inside.

“By the way, there are spare toothbrushes in the drawer under the sink.” I informed before he closed the door after saying a ‘thanks’ back.

I walked to my closet and searched for an outfit. Since I wasn’t really in the mood for something complicated, I picked a pair of black leggings, my combat boots and an off black & white striped sweater. By the time Justin was back in the room, I was already dressed and ready to leave my house before someone of my family  would find out Justin was here.

Right on cue, there was a knocking on my door, followed by my mother shouts. “Brooklyn, darling, are you ready? You’re gonna be late!”

Justin and I exchanged panic glances – well, maybe I was the only one who panicked and Justin, as usual, didn’t give a damn.