"What the hell were you two doing over there?"

Brooklyn

Justin groaned against my lips upon hearing the phone, but kept kissing me like nothing had happened. I reluctantly pushed his chest a little so I could have access to my iPhone that somewhat had ended up on the floor next to the bed, but he didn’t bulge.

“Don’t pick up,” he murmured against my skin.

“It-it could be important,” I stuttered, unable to focus on anything besides his touch on my heating skin. Reaching my left hand to the floor, I patted the surface to find the stupid electronic device that had interrupted my little piece of heaven.

I heard a groan-y sigh escape Justin’s mouth before he tugged on my bottom lip with his teeth and finally released it with a pop. That was so sexy. Picking my iPhone from the floor with his hand, he brought it to his ear.

“What?” he spat rudely at it, lifting himself from me to be propped by my side on his elbow. I prayed to God that it wasn’t my mom calling—something very unlikely at 4 am anyway—because it would mean my instant death.

“Justin?” the voice on the other end asked in what seemed like surprise to me. Relief swept through me when I realized it couldn’t be my mom. She doesn’t know Justin.

“Kelsey?” Justin’s eyebrows furrowed and he looked at me with that look that says ‘your friend is the most annoying person in the world’, while rolling his eyes.

“It’s Kelsey?” I mirrored his confusion/annoyance. What did she want that she had to interrupt our little moment?

“Where is Brooklyn, why do you have her phone and why did you take so long to pick up?” she screeched on the other end of the line, so loud that I could hear her crystal clear myself. Ladies and Gentleman, I’d like to introduce you to my best friend: the queen of drama.

“Can you shut up? You’re giving me a headache,” Justin muttered, his annoyance only growing bigger. “She’s right here with me and you just interrupted— “

I cut him off by snatching the phone from his hold before Kelsey could hear any more of what Justin was about to tell her. I know guys don’t mind talking about their “sex experiences” with girls (not that we had sex but you know what I mean) but I’m not a guy. Justin smirked at me when he realized what I had just done, sinking down on the bed while I held the phone to my ear.

“Hey, Kelsey.” I greeted her, trying to sound cheery, something I was not.

“Brooklyn, what the hell were you two doing over there?” she screamed half excitedly, half angrily.

“We were just talking,” I lied, putting that no-big-deal edge to my voice hoping she’d buy it or I would have to go through her interrogatory later.

Justin raised his eyebrows as if saying ‘Oh really?’ before the corners of his mouth twitched up, most likely thinking of a plan. Oh no.

“Bullshit,” Kelsey spat. “You know, I’m gonna get it all out of that little mouth of yours as soon as I see you.” I could almost see her expectant smirk. The worst part is that I knew it was true. “Just be careful okay? We don’t want any babies yet.” She snickered and I heard another person laughing along, probably Tyson. Great.