"Badasses can fall in love too."

Justin

“Because I fucking love you.” I blurted out. Shit. This wasn’t exactly what I had planned – not that I really had a plan – but this definitely wasn’t what I had in mind when thinking about how to drop ‘the L bomb’, as Tyson called it.

I knew I had fucked up when Brooklyn’s expression turned into one of pure and utter bewilderment. Her mouth fell agape while her eyes looked like they were gonna pop out of their sockets if her glasses hadn’t been there as a barrier. “You what?” Fuck. I knew I shouldn’t have said it. Now I just made a fool of myself and, not gonna lie, I felt a pang of hurt straight in my heart – as corny as that sounds.

Our eyes remained locked, like none of us could actually look away, glued to each other. I had fucking dropped the bomb. It finally clicked on me. I had told a girl I loved her. I had never in my life thought I would be living this situation, never imagined I would fall in love. And she didn’t feel the same. Great, Justin.

When Brooklyn remained silent, as if her brain wasn’t able to utter another word from the shock, I decided to speak. “Look, if y-you don’t love me, i-it’s okay. I just had to tell—“ I stuttered like a wretch, my hands sweating until she cut me off.

“Shut up.” First, Brooklyn’s mouth closed, only to expand into a huge grin a second after. “Oh my God, I love you too, Justin.” She exclaimed in what actually sounded like a blissful tone before jumping on me and wrapping her arms and legs around my shaking body.

At first, I stumbled back a little, not expecting that reaction at all after her hesitating face, but as soon as her words registered in my head, I held her closer to me tightly. I could feel the biggest of smiles making its way into my face. She loved me. “You really love me?” I asked in astonishment, trying to let the words really sink in as Brooklyn lifted her face from the crook of my neck to face me.

“I really do.” She nodded timidly, biting her lip. Her arms were slung around my neck, my hands supporting her weight under her thighs. “I’ve been waiting forever for you to say it.” She admitted, dropping her gaze down as a shy blush spread across her cheeks.

“You’re not gonna stop hearing it now. I love you” I repeated, tasting the words in my mouth before attacking her lips with mine. It was by far the best kiss we had ever shared. Every emotion, everyone ounce of love, adoration and happiness we were currently feeling, being exchanged through our lips. Brooklyn smiled against it, cupping my cheeks in her hands. We pulled away after a few seconds, smiling like total creeps. Our foreheads touched as I pecked her lips one last time before leaving her on the ground again.

“I’m glad you made me come down.” She giggled, intertwining our fingers together and glancing up at me.

I couldn’t wipe the grin of my face, which soon turned into a scowl as soon as I saw a Chinese man taking a picture of us with his phone camera. I swear these people take pictures of everything. “What are you looking at, idiot?” I yelled at him, making him hastily run away with his wife or whatever she was. I just hoped he didn’t had a whole book of pictures of us in his phone.

“Justin.” Brooklyn scolded between giggles, turning my face away from the annoying man with a gentle move of her hand, making me look down at her and roll my eyes playfully.

“I don’t like being photographed.” I complained, sneaking my arms around her waist to pull her in another kiss. She giggled against it, tickling my lips. Only when we pulled away did I take in her outfit.

“I think you’re losing your fashion sense, baby.” I mocked her, earning a glare.

“I had to put on something quickly, okay? Not my fault someone is a little impatient.” She smacked my arm, hugging me shortly after.