10: Never be good enough

Taraji

"I'm tryna be happy,y'all...I really am"I say,feeling my throat get sore. That only happens when I'm sad or really scared or nervous about something.

"But..."I sigh and let my head fall into my hands. "I just can't hide the fact that I was starting to fall for his stupid ass!"I cry into Saniya's shoulder. All four of us are in the back of Kyra's car.

After I tell them what happened,I feel myself hiccup.

Melloni moves towards me and pulls me towards her while Saniya hands me some tissues. "It's ok,Taraji"she says.

I breathe in deeply and wait for the tears to subside. "How could I have been so stupid?!"I scream,the tears flowing down my face. "I know how you feel,T"Kyra says,while looking at me through the rear view mirror.

Kyra pulls up to her house and we all file out. Paparazzi aren't allowed anywhere near here so we get into the house without any problems.

Kyra puts her arms around my shoulders and asks me if I'd like to stay at her place in case Terrence comes by to "explain".

"Yeah,I'd love to"I say,my hiccups stopping. We all get into the house and take off our shoes. "We're gonna help you forget about him!"Kyra screams,walking over to the top cabinet in the kitchen.

Oh lawd,that's the booze cabinet.

"Oh,so y'all wanna get me drunk?"I say,chuckling. "Yaaaaaas!"they all say in unison with excited faces. Melloni switches on the TV to TRACE and we all start dancing.

Kyra comes back with a bottle of Tequila and Vodka and grape juice. We all grab cups and start mixing. Saniya gets out her phone and takes a selfie with us as we mix drinks.

"Taraji,cheer the fuck up,I'm tryna add this to my snap timeline!"she says,keeping a fake smile for the photo. Melloni and Kyra laugh and almost choke on their drinks.

I can't help but laugh as well and that makes a perfect picture. Saniya posts it and tags all of us. We switch off our phones and put them in our handbags.

2 hours later...

"Hey y'all,I have an idea..."Melloni slurs. I slowly turn my head towards her,seeing two cups in my hand.

But I only feel one cup! Why do I see two?

Oh fuck,it's the alcohol.

"What?"Kyra and Saniya ask,as I lean forward to grab the bottle of Vodka.

"Let's call in some male strippers!"Melloni says,excitedly. We all scream in excitement as if it's the best idea we've ever heard.

Saniya jumps up and down and grabs her cell phone from her bag.

While she waits for it to switch on,I go over to the TV and crank the volume up.

"Taraji,you dumb ass,that's what we have remotes for!"Kyra says,laughing hard. It's not even that funny,but the alcohol just made us all feel better. I end up laughing too and go back to the couch and take a sip out of my cup.

"I just called a friend of mine who's throwing a party right now and he says we should join him"Saniya says,putting her shoes back on.

"I thought we were callin strippers?"Melloni says,pouting. "There will definitely be strippers where we're going..."

Saniya says,her eyes holding a mysterious look.

Terrence

I've called,texted and sent voicemails to Taraji,but she hasn't picked up her phone in hours!

My phone says she was last seen this morning. I sigh,as I go to the kitchen,pouring myself a glass of wine and playing some music.

I grab my guitar and play some songs that I wrote some years back. I write a song about Taraji and call it: Love makes you beautiful. Towards the end of the song,I write vows.

The vows you will one day say to her...

Well,not anymore because she hates me now. I drop my guitar and start crying. I haven't cried in months. Last time I cried was when Mira cheated on me.

I decide to just take a drive and eventually find myself outside Taraji's apartment.

Why are you here? What are you gonna say to her?

All these questions run through my mind as I drop the flowers on her doorstep. I knock and get no answer. I stay at her doorstep for another 15 minutes,crying.

Soon,I see a car pull up in front of me.

I see a long brown leg with a foot adorned with red stilettos and black shorts that look like they've been drawn on her.

Just as I open my eyes and stand up to greet her,my heart drop.

I feel all the hope I had disappear right before me. She giggles and I see her right hand linked to another man's.

I look up and my eyes start burning. My tears are so close to falling as I watch her laugh with this other man.

She walks right past me as if she didn't see me and kicks the bouqette of flowers off her doorstep as she opens the front door,leading the man inside.

He closes the door and I catch a glimpse of him. Brown skin,tattoos all over his face and beefed up body.

If Taraji goes for men like him,you'll never be good enough for her...

*

*

*

*

*

A/n: 😈...Who is the guy that Taraji came back with?

Media: Saniya on the left,Kyra in the middle (played by Boity Thulo) and Melloni on the right.

And I will explain how Taraji and the "mysterious guy" met in the next chapter.

In the meantime,please vote,comment and share this book!