1. Chapter 3

(Name) stumbled as she was thrown against Newt into a wall. Grasping onto his sleeve for balance, she looked around at her new surroundings. "Who are you? What do you want?" (Name) asked, frustratedly.

"Porpetina Goldstein. Is it true you possess magical creatures? Do you keep them in that case? What about the No-Maj? Did you obliviate him?" the woman bombarded both Newt and (Name) with questions.

"Erm, yes. I protect them-" Newt answered.

"What on Earth is a 'No-Maj?' Is that a cheese?" (Name) intervened.

"A No-Maj? A non magic? A non wizard?" Goldstein said, matter-of-factly.

"Oh, you mean a muggle. Oh, we weren't able to remove his memories. We were, quite rudely, interrupted by something." (Name) said, a grimace on her face as she rubbed her back reminiscently.

"You do realise that is an infringement of law decreed by the MACUSA. I'm going to have to take you both in." Goldstein showed them her badge.

"Sorry, but we've got things to do." Newt grabbed (Name)'s hand and started to pull her away. Goldstein, however, pulled the pair apart and hooked her arms through their own. She started dragging them out of the hiding they were in and she guided them through the city to a large building, and a doorman stood outside of the main entrance. Goldstein said a few words to the man, and he let all three through.

A large, open room filled both Newt and (Name)'s vision. It had a wide staircase that led up to one of the main floors, which had a multi-faced clock hanging over it. Owls flew to and fro throughout the space, delivering messages to the building's many occupants. Goldstein pushed Newt and (Name) towards an elevator manned by a small, grumpy-looking house elf. Some words were exchanged between Goldstein and the elf, before the elf hoisted the elevator to life, causing all of its occupants to be pushed over. (Name) lost her balance, of course, and fell almost entirely into Newt, who gave her a quick smirk and looked away as he helped her regain her balance.

"Sod off, Scamander. I don't need your sass." (Name) pestered. Newt ducked his head as he gave a small smile, looking at something that was clearly more interesting than the girl next to him.

"Come on." Goldstein ushered the pair out of the elevator towards another large room. Several people stood inside, which (Name) could only assume they were Aurors, from their overall appearance and stature. "I have someone I need you to-"

"Is this important Miss. Goldstein?" a tall woman asked, her hair put up into a formal wrap.

"Yes, Madame President, it's regarding these two people, they were-" Goldstein was interrupted again.

"Miss. Goldstein, may I remind you that you are not in the position of authority to bring these two in?" the Lady President asked.

"I know that, but-"

"Then shouldn't you be elsewhere?"Goldstein stayed silent as she nodded, sadly. She turned her companions around and brought them back to the elevators, which brought them down to the lowest floor.

It was a wide space, but felt claustrophobic, as it had incredibly low ceilings; Newt had to duck several times to avoid hitting his head on multiple signs. Goldstein brought the pair to an incredibly cluttered desk, and she started going through her papers.

"If I may ask, what're you doing?" Newt asked.

"I'm just- don't let him know I'm here!" Goldstein dove underneath her desk. Newt and (Name) looked at each other, quizzically. A short man walked over to the desk and said hello to the pair.

"Tina~ Tina, I know you're here," the man said. 'Tina' rose from behind her desk and looked, guiltily, at the man.

"What do you want, Graves? I'm busy." Tina said.

"I heard you barged into the Auror meeting, again. What's it this time?" Graves mocked.

"I found this pair chasing after a magical creature, which is not kept in that case. They also did not obliviate a no-maj who witnessed the event." Tina stated.

"Well, lets have a look at this critter then, ay?" Graves grasped the briefcase and brought it over to a cart nearby. Newt went to grab it, but failed in doing so.

"Please don't hurt them-" The case opened, revealing some-

"Cakes?! Why didn't you tell me you had cakes, Scamander? I thought we were friends..." (Name) huffed in disbelief.

"No, this isn't right." Tina muttered. "Does this mean-"

"Mr. Kowalski has the creatures."
~~~~~~
Author's note: Chapter three is done! Whoop! Chapter four is on it's way! As always, spoilers are here, there, and everywhere in between.

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the story in development!

Byeeee