23

Louis peeks around the tree Harry told him to hide behind, his naked body shivering when a cool breeze flutters past his skin. Past the line of trees from where he watches, Zayn, Liam, Gemma and Harry stand in a straight line, almost like a barrier between him and Lockwood. Niall, the witch, Louis can see him in the truck, watching with wide eyes.

On the other side of the field, where the forest continues, Alpha Lockwood stands in the middle with his pack warriors by his side, some in wolf form. He recognizes some faces, like Gordy and George, twins who sometimes helped him and his mom.

After shifting back to his human form, Harry was handed red basketball shorts to cover up his junk, which Louis is thankful for because he doesn't want a repeat of what happened earlier. Loosing control of his want for his Alpha in front of his old pack isn't the best thing in mind for him.

Even though the Omega is yards away from the scene, the tension from the group is thick and obvious, but he has no idea why. It could be because of two powerful Alphas present in in a small area, or because Harry is hot headed and arrogant or because they showed up unannounced. Either way, Louis shifts in nervousness because if anything goes wrong, he wouldn't get his mother back.

Louis can tell their talking, the way they shift their body and how their heads tilt just the slightest bit, but with his poor senses, it's difficult to hear what their saying.

He shifts against the tree, grips the bark between his hands and flushes his bare body against the trunk, and lifts his head higher, his chin titled up. His ears twitch as he focuses on the group in front of him, narrowing his eyes and biting his lip.

After several moments of hard concentration and frustration, he picks them up, Gemma's voice filling his ears.

"It's his right." The she-wolf barks out. Across from her, Lockwood laughs.

"He has no right at all. He's a mutt, mutts have no rights." Lockwood emphasizes his words.

A thundering growl rips from Harry's throat and he launches forward, making Louis gasp with wide eyes. Luckily, before the Alpha can get anywhere near the other, Zayn and Liam grab onto his arms to hold him back.

Gordy and George bare their teeth, close to shifting with the rest of their pack from the threat Harry made.

"We're not hear to cause trouble. We simply ask you to let Johannah go so Louis can be with her again." Gemma's voice is calm and soft, but her eyes light with a fire that dance wildly.

"As simple as that sounds, I'm afraid I can't do that." Lockwood says. "If Louis so badly wanted to see her, why isn't he here?" As he says it he looks at Harry pointedly. "Perhaps he wasn't in any condition to travel because of a certain short tempered Alpha?"

Louis scrunches his eyebrows together, the underlying taunting tone in Lockwood's voice is new. He's never heard his Alpha speak with such distaste. And what does he mean when he said that he was in no condition to travel? Sure, Harry gets angry easily in a short amount of time but, he would never hurt him that bad... Right?

He thinks back to when he got caught loitering in the hallways and how mad Harry was, slamming his hands against the wall, right next to his head.

No, Harry would never hurt him...

Louis tries to convince himself.

Louis? Liam's voice asks softly as it rings through his ears.

Yes? He asks in reply, his voice the slightest bit shaky.

Whatever happens, do not come out.

Liam's words makes Louis chew on the inside of his cheek nervously. Harry won't last long if Lockwood keeps provoking him like the way he is, and that scares him, because he doesn't want anyone to get hurt, whether it's his pack or his last. All he wants is his mum.

"Louis isn't your concern anymore." Zayn says sternly, still struggling to hold back Harry.

The tension increases ten fold as Lockwood glares at the vampire.

"I wasn't talking to you, demon. " He spits out in disgust.

Louis' hands tighten on the bark.

Zayn hisses in return, his fangs sharpening in threat.

"If Louis wanted his mother so badly, he can come himself." The older Alpha says.

Louise throat constricts and his heart pounds fast, his hands beginning to shake. The urge to walk out of his hiding spot is strong, and just as he's about to step forward to reveal himself, his mates voice speaks in his head.

Don't.

Harry's voice is hard and Louis can hear his wolf mixed in with it.

He grunts and stays put, doesn't understand why he has to stay away, why he can't be with them to ask for Lockwood to let his mother go.

"I suggest we end this soon, or the ending won't be pretty." Liam says. Besides him, Harry huffs and puffs, fur sprouting from his skin with his eyes turning black and yellow. His wolfs canines start to protrude from his mouth.

Louis shivers, goosebumps growing on his skin from the anticipation of what will happen next. He can hear his heart racing, feel it jump against his ribcage.

Fear creeps into the Omegas spine, making it shiver, and before he knows it, his legs run forward.

"Wait!" He shouts, waving his hands in the air and panting. Everyone snaps their eyes to him, Harry, glaring daggers and the others curiously.

Niall jumps out of the car and rushes to them, carrying a blanket. He drapes it over Louis, who in return gives him a small smile in thanks.

"I told you to stay away." Harry says with trouble, he's so close to shifting to his wolf, just seconds away from his bones snapping.

"Sorry," The omega whispers. He bows his head in apology, but doesn't move. Instead he turns to Lockwood who stares at him with wondrous eyes. "Alpha Lockwood," the Omega forces a smile, "As you can see I'm safe. And I'm here. Harry hasn't hurt me."

His old Alpha doesn't speak, keeps staring at him like he can't believe he's actually there.

"Now that you know I'm here, can you please bring my mother? I miss her, and you know she has no one left here." Louis continues, wrapping the dark blue blanket tighter around his body when Lockwood takes him in.

"You've mated him." The older man says, breathing in deeply. His nose wrinkles up. "I can smell him all over you."

Louis frowns because what does that have to do with his mother?

"You don't smell pure anymore, you smell like a rotten apple. Wasted away for nothing." Even though the words are harsh and sharp, he says it with a soft and pitiful tone, like he's watching a puppy sitting in the rain.

"Mr. Lockwood, sir, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but my mother..." Louis trials off.

"She's not here, Louis."