71 -4x04

It was late morning when Eira woke up. Klaus was running his hands through her hair. She stayed in place for a moment, blinking her eyes awake. She moved her head and lifted it to look at Klaus.

"You didn't have to stay with me while I slept," Eira stated.

"On the contrary, love, I do. You never let go of my hand," Klaus explained.

Eira shifted her eyes to her hand and she saw that their hands were entwined. She made an 'oh' shape with her mouth and she blushed.

"Sorry," Eira sheepishly apologized.

"Don't ever apologize for holding my hand. I want you to," Klaus said.

"Okay," Eira slowly agreed.

Eira moved away from him and got out of the bed. Since she got up, Klaus got up as well. Eira started walking towards the bedroom door but she turned and looked at Klaus.

"I'm going to change," Eira explained and she walked away. She went into the guest bedroom where her bag was with clothes.

She went into the bathroom and showered. Then she changed. Once she was ready she checked her phone on the dresser. She had a bunch of missed calls from Stefan and Damon. She ignored them and went out of the guest room and walked down the stairs.

As soon as she got downstairs, Klaus vamp sped in front of her and she took a step back, startled by his sudden appearance.

Klaus reached for her hand but stopped. He gestured towards her hand,"May I?"

Eira smiled and she grabbed Klaus's hand. He led her through the house to the kitchen. Klaus led her to a table with breakfast food on it and he pulled a seat out for her.

Eira smiled,"Are you a cook now?"

Klaus chuckled,"No, I had one of my compelled humans make everything."

Klaus sat down in the seat next to her and she asked,"Do you even know how to cook?"

"Yes, love, I do. I just don't see the point in it when I can have people do it for me," Klaus answered. "Plus, I only eat food on special occasions."

"Why is today a special occasion?" Eira asked, biting into some bacon.

"Because you're here," Klaus replied, staring at her.

Eira gulped down her food and she blushed. Everything about Klaus was so familiar to her yet so new. It was conflicting and confusing to her. She had these old feelings that were already set in her and then she had these new feelings where she was just getting to know him.

Klaus was staring at her intensely and Eira was lost in his eyes. Rebekah walked into the kitchen, breaking up their staring contest. Klaus turned his head and glared at Rebekah.

"I see you have your little girlfriend back," Rebekah commented, opening the fridge and getting a blood bag.

Klaus sighed and ignored the comment,"And where are you going?"

"To The Grill," Rebekah answered. "I have a friend."

"Don't tell me you're going to bribe the help? Matt, is it?" Klaus questioned.

Eira smacked his shoulder,"Matt is perfectly nice. You just shush it."

Klaus looked at Eira in surprise and Rebekah smiled in triumph,"Yes, Nik, why don't you just shush?"