How He Fell For You

(Y/N)- Your name
(L/N)- Last name
Mz- Mister/Miss/Whatever

"Newt Scamander, isn't it? I've read your file. It's quite... interesting." You said, looking up at the auburn haired man with a smirk.

"Yes, that's me," Mr. Scamander replied, avoiding your eyes. You were a MACUSA ambassador staying in England, and you'd just happened to run into the famous Magizoologist on your way to the Minister's office.

You held out a hand. "Nice to meet you, Mr. Scamander. I'm (Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N)."

Newt took your hand and shook it. "The pleasure is all mine, Mz. (L/N)." He greeted with a sloppy smile. He couldn't help but look up to see which face accompanied such a lovely voice.

And that was the moment he first started falling in love with you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Fancy seeing you here," you giggled as you plopped yourself down at Newt's table. You had decided to go out for the night to experience Britain, and you'd just so happened to spot Newt sitting alone in a corner. Naturally, you walked over to say hello.

Newt jumped as you sat down. Your hair was in its usual state and you weren't wearing anything out of the ordinary, but Newt felt his stomach do a backflip as he looked at you sitting there.

"Hello, (Y/N)." He said, his eyes meeting yours momentarily before he returned to his notebook.

"Whatcha writing, Mr. Scamander?" You asked with a loose smile. Newt's hand jerked and he shut the notebook.

"Nothing special," he replied, keeping his eyes trained on the table.

You leaned back and crossed your arms, huffing a piece of hair away from your face. "Well, Mr. Scamander, excuse me for assuming this but that's got to be the most interesting book in the world if you can write it in a place like this." you said.

Newt peered at you from under his eyelashes with an amused smile. "Have you been drinking, Mz. (L/N)?" He inquired.

"...maybe."

And even though you were too tipsy to remember, that's when he started to love your smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shhh, shh... she's a friend." Newt soothed the occamies as they bristled in their nest. You stood behind him in your pajamas, your hair tousled and frizzy, feeling wildly out of place and half asleep.

"This is amazing, Newt, but-" you yawned. "-why did you wake me up in the middle of the night to see it?"

He peered over his shoulder and melted a little bit inside as you rubbed your eyes. "I can take you back to your room." He stammered, turning away from the occamy nest. You blushed and smiled back at his flustered face.

"No, no. I don't mind. This is... amazing."

And even though it was like two in the morning, that's when he started to love your heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It was raining outside when Newt finally kissed you.

He tugged you into the downpour, laughing at your meaningless complaints. He felt breathless and exhilarated. He felt that way because he knew you were the one for him.

"Why are we out here? It's freezing!" You protested, wrapping your arms around yourself. Newt stared at you, taking in the way the water dripped down your forehead, how your eyebrows creased in your frustration, the little pout you had that conveyed you secretly loved being with him in the rain.

Newt stepped forward and snaked his arms around you, squeezing your shivering form. "We're out here because... because I love you."

You were shocked. Looking up at Newt, you were sure your cheeks were as red as the blood running through your veins.

Suddenly, you started laughing. You buried your head in his shoulder.

"About time!" You chuckled. Newt was confused. "I love you too, dummy."

You captured his lips in a tender kiss. It was the first of many to come.

And that's when he realized that while he was falling in love with you, he was not the only one.