| Chapter Twelve |

(#Wattpad10 and #JustWriteIt)

Arthur adjusted his bow slightly, trying to have it even on both sides. Once satisfied, he grabbed his cane, using it to adjust his cap by tapping the rim.

He chose a simple, yet recognizable costume - The Mad Hatter. A character well known for a set of children's story books.

It was easy for Arthur, most of his wardrobe already matching the description of the character. Purple trench coat, purple vest, mint-green button-up, large white bow, large black and purple top-hat, knee-high heeled lace-up boots. The only thing that didn't belong, was the black mask with purple rhinestones along the edge. Arthur fixed it carefully, the mask covering the top portion of his face, leaving his mouth and chin exposed.

He gave himself a once over in the mirror, tapping his black and silver cane on the floor.

He smiled to himself, "Ready."

And with that, he was off to the ball.

Emma, on the other hand, had decided to take a different approach. She wore a tight, short, green dress with fringes on the bottom. It was strapless, and hugged her frame nicely. She wore her blonde locks in a neat bun, her bangs framing her face perfectly. She wore lace wings, and small green heels, with a single cotton ball on the front of each. She wore a white mask, with red-blush checks. It covered her entire face, a small black, curved line to insinuate a smile. She grabbed a bright white wand, and waved it around a bit - glitter shimmering off as if moved. She was also a character from a children's classic - Tinker Bell.

Emma turned to Antonio, a devious grin hidden under her mask, "It's perfect, Hermano."

Antonio sighed, hands clasped behind his back as he sadly said, "Anything for you...Hermana."

Emma giggled, and with a swish of the bottom of her dress, she kissed Antonio's cheek, and dashed to the carriage outside.

Antonio sighed, his heart falling to his stomach. Oh...where did that sweet, little, darling Emma ever go?

~~~~~

Arthur handed the guard his invitation, who glanced at it momentarily before hanging it back. He waved for Arthur to walk through, as he reached for the next invitation in line.

Arthur walked down a long hall, full of aristocrats, and other invitees. They all had eccentric costumes, each trying to impress the others. Arthur saw, that the further he walked down the hall, the more impressive the costumes became.

Arthur suddenly felt self-conscious if his costume.

Maybe this was a bad idea...

His costume suddenly seemed stupid.

But before Arthur could conjure up any more negative thoughts, he felt a hand on his shoulder, "Dude! Your costume looks amazing!"

Arthur's face immediately burst into red flames - making him glad that he was wearing a mask. He would recognize that voice anywhere - Alfred.

Arthur turned slowly, his emerald eyes searching for Alfred's ocean ones.

Arthur couldn't help but smile at Alfred's costume.