could i sit here? all of the other tables are full

warnings: none
word count: 3183

"could i sit here? all the other tables are full." you say shyly to the boy who is sitting alone at the table for four. it is your first day working at the jeon enterprise, and you didn't know where to sit for lunch because you hadn't made any friends yet.

everybody in the cafeteria turns their heads to you, causing your hands to shake lightly from the nervousness. he pokes into a lettuce into his salad hard, almost as if he is pissed and then lifts his head up to reveal his handsome face that stretches out a playful smirk.

"sure, why not?" his voice is tight, both deep and husky. you pull out the chair across from him and softly place your drink and sandwich onto the table, trying not to make him more .. disturbing towards him. he seems very intimidating. you promise yourself that it would only be awkward for you today, and that you would try your best to make some friends and make yourself comfortable here soon.

"why is everybody looking this way?" you whisper, leaning closer towards him as he chews his salad slowly, his sharp jaw ticking in the process. he looks at you, but he doesn't give you any reply. you lean back into your seat rejected and unwrap the plastic around your chicken & lettuce sandwich. he resumes eating his salad and averts his gaze off you, not really acknowledging your presence. "oh okay. so uh, how was your day?"

he still doesn't reply; despite your attempts to make conversation. you could be friends with this guy, right? he didn't seem too bad and .. he seemed lonely like you, too. i mean, there must be a reason why he sits by himself.

"oh .. alright." you say as if he gave you a reply. you quietly eat your sandwich and let your eyes wander around the room so they can occupy themselves on something so it wont be more awkward than it already is. "well nice to meet you. i'm y/n and it's my first day here." you put out your hand for him to shake but he ignores it and leaves you embarrassingly rejected.

"are you always this quiet? you kind of put out a mean impression." you inform him, eating more of your sandwich slowly as you watch him stab into his salad hard, squirting a bit of the tomato web onto the table. you giggle at the little splash of mess on the table but his gaze on you is still cold. "oh, sorry." you bow your head politely with clenched teeth.

"whatever, i don't care." he mutters coldly, continuing to eat his salad. you startle from his response, he finally spoke again. just this time, he wasn't being so kind. you both sit there in a long silence, until you finish one of your sandwiches and cannot take the awkwardness anymore.

"enjoy the rest of your lunch, it was uh, nice meeting you .." you bow your head and put your lips into a thin line as you get off your seat.

"jungkook." he says to you before you leave, catching you by surprise. maybe you won't so bad to him after all.

"hey, you're the girl who sat with jungkook at lunch today right?" one of the other girls who worked in the office say as she catches up at your side. you tuck your hair behind your ears and smile.

"yeah, i am."

"woah .. what was he like? does he smell nice? is he more beautiful up close?" she questions quickly, making you so confused as to why she was so interested. "oh, and i'm sorry. i'm jisoo by the way."

"nice to meet you, jisoo. i'm y/n and uh, i don't know much about him. i mean, we sat together but i guess he's really intimidating. do you have a crush on him or something?" you say as the two elevator doors open.

"are you kidding me?" she lightly nudges you. "everybody in and out of the jeon enterprise is in love with jeon jungkook."

"jeon?" you lift a brow and your mouth slowly falls agape. is he possibly ... the CEO's son you had overheard other employees talking about? a cough breaks you out of your thoughts and the both of you turn your heads to the open elevator, where jungkook had been standing this whole time.