Chapter 35 - Unexpected Surprises

That's Jess's party dress!
Sorta.
Note : FILLER CHAP COMING UP.

It's just not right. I can't give this to him. He's definitely gonna laugh and make fun of me.

On the other hand, I did pay some amount of money to get this. I can't just let it go to waste.

Fifteen dollars to be exact.

The beer mug lay in my arms as I stared at it distastefully. If it was merely an ordinary beer mug, the I wouldn't have to think twice before presenting it before him.

But it's not.

I sighed, not sure of what to do now. I can't just throw it away, nor can I use it myself. Okay, so even if I throw it, I don't have anything else to give him. And the party starts in an hour.

Life's so not simple.

"Jess, you ready yet?" Cass yelled whilst entering my room.

She knew that I was going to Asher's party. And she had no issues with me doing that, the only thing she mentioned was to not get too close to him, as he is supposedly a cheater. I had nodded, feeling slightly guilty at my intentions which did involve me getting closer to Asher.

But hey, the heart wants what it wants.

I shook my head in response, still staring intensively, wondering what to do of it.

"Oh, is that the gift you're gonna give him? Can I take a look at it?" She asked, her voice suddenly going a few pitches higher.

I shook my head again. I didn't want to be embarrassed by my best friend.

"Aww come on! Pweaty pwease?" She spoke in the most childish voice she could muster.

"Cass...no, just no," I replied, not wanting to show my sadness.

This was my only chance to impress him. To show that I know him well, and that I like him for who he is. But no, I just had to go and mess it up.

"Hey, what's the matter? If that jerk Ashford had anything-" She was cut off by me.

"Jeez, no. He is innocent." I say.

"Innocent my ass."

"Not innocent innocent, I meant that he's innocent in this case."

"I get it. But then why's my gorgeous best friend so sad?" She cooed, like I'm a small kid who won't tell where she's hiding the candies.

Every time she does that, I spill everything to her. I just feel too flattered maybe, or probably just because I need someone to talk to.

So, I told her all about my beer mug crisis.

"Ah, I see. But what's written on it which is so embarrassing that you can't even show it to him?" She asked, trying to get a better look at the texts on the mug.

I sighed and passed the mug to her.

And soon enough, her body started shaking with laughter. Her laugh echoed in the room, as it was eight P.M already, and everything's quiet, because all the old people in our building have slept.