19. A-sshole

Steve

Steve

"What is this" tony mumbles as we exit the jet that had landed in a field surrounded by trees. In the centre of the field was a house, we seemed miles away from any civilisation.
"It's my safe house, I had fury set it up for me" Clint chimes.
He pushes open the red front door and we all follow cautiously behind him.
"Daddy!" A little girl shrieks running up to Clint who scoops her up in his arms and cuddles her closely.
"Hey kiddo, where your mom?" Clint asks placing her down.
"Clint" a woman sighs she takes one glance at us and a wave of horror rushes over her face.
"Hey" he smiles glancing at us before hugging her.
"Guys this is my wife Laura and my daughter Nicole and son Lewis" Clint introduces us and everyone of us seemed to have a look of confusion and shock.
"Did you bring Auntie nat?" Nicole's little voice sounds as she looks up at her father.
"You bet he did" Natasha says stepping forward and crouching down in front of Nicole pulling her into a hug.
"We would've came by sooner to say hi but we too busy uh not knowing you existed" tony says.
"Hope you don't mind I brought the whole team here we needed a get away" Clint says to his wife Laura.
"It fine" she sighs as I watch nat play with Nicole.

Alex

"Uhm slight problem" Laura says barging into the room frantically.
"What?" I hum standing up from the bed and adjusting my shirt.
"My husbands home" she says simply.
"And?" Bucky urges her to continue.
"If you didn't connect the dots already my husband is clint Barton, and he's brought the avengers with him" she sighs.
"What?" I gasp glancing at Bucky then the window.
"I'm sorry you wouldn't have trusted me if you knew and I had no idea they where coming home" Laura panics.
"Hey it's fine we will sort this out" Bucky soothes resting his real arm on Laura's shoulder trying to calm her, while I was already opening the bedroom window and climbing out off it.
"You can't just climb out of a window every time something goes wrong" Bucky chuckles as I drop down into the veranda roof.
"I can try" I say to myself jumping down off the veranda and landing on the floor with a thud.
"What was that?" Starks voice chimes, the front door was wide open.
"Shit" I hiss dropping to the floor and crawling away on my stomach. Once away from the front door I run around the side of the house to only find the back door was also open. Haven't you people ever heard of closing the god damn fucking door?
I press my back against the wall of the house next to the back door and slowly peer around the door frame to see tony and Steve quietly talking in the kitchen. Just the sight of them both made my heart flutter.
Suddenly something grabs my shoulder and before a noise could escape my mouth a hand is clasped over it.
"Shhh" Bucky hisses taking his hand off my mouth.
"We are so fucked" he mouths leaning against the wall next to me.
"I think it's time" I mumble glancing at buck.
"How we gonna do this? Just walk in like hi we are back from the dead?" Bucky breaths.
"I guess what other way can we do this?"
Bucky just shrugs his shoulders before I turn to sneak a peek around the doors frame into the house. Tony and Steve have left the kitchen and I could hear everyone talking on the living room.
I quickly grab Buckys hand and drag him into the kitchen before quietly opening the office door and stepping in there, closing and locking the door immediately.
"Woah" Bucky gasps staring into the the room. The office was a standard office had a desk and filing cupboards, computer and an unlimited supply of stationary equipment. But this office was different it had Tony's metal suite sat down at the desk and captain Americas shield and helmet leaning against it. I shuffle over to the desk and take in the iron suite that frightens me slightly Because it looks like someone was sitting in it.
"I remember using this before- before I fell of the train" Bucky mumbles picking up the red white and blue shield. I grab caps helmet and a sticky note, while Bucky fiddles with the iron suite. I write '-sshole" onto the yellow sticky note before sticking it onto the helmet next to the 'A' on the forehead of the helmet so it spelt out 'A-sshole'.
"What are you doing?" Bucky whispers as I carry the helmet towards the office door, unlocking it and slowly opening it.
"Watch" I whisper creeping into the open kitchen and peering around the corner into the living room where everyone- minus Thor and banner- where sat talking while Laura was constantly on edge being all jumpy when someone went near her and constantly looking at the front door, probably expecting me or Bucky to barge in. I toss the helmet into the living room before tucking behind the corner, my heart beating in my chest at a million miles an hour.
"What the- Tony did you do this?" I hear Steve question.
"No, but that's genius"  Tony laughs.
"Then who did? Did any of you do it?" A chorus of 'No's' follow steves question.
I take a deep breath before stepping round the corner. I cross my arms over my red flannel and lean against the wall, so I was stood in between the kitchen and living room.
"N-no but I know who did" Natasha stutters standing up from her seat and grabbing the gun from her holster on her belt.
"Hey everyone" I shoot everyone a small smile as everyone - including a girl who I've never seen in my life- stare at me dumb founded.
"A-Alex what the hell are you d--" Bucky whispers standing by my side before pausing, realising everyone was staring at us.
"T-this is impossible" Tony stutters.
"Laura what the hell are they doing in our house" Clint hisses not sounding too happy to see us.
"Long story" Laura mumbles.

"Bucky" Steve gasps standing up from his seat, his face turning white.
"Steve" Bucky mimics steves tone, Bucky wanders further into the living room while  I followed him cautiously.

"Buck...do you remember me?" Steve muses staring wide eyed at Bucky, all colour drained from his face and he had this unreadable look like he was seeing a ghost, he probably is.
"Which bucky am I talking to?" Steve corrects himself standing up straight and crossing his hands over his broad chest.
"Your mom's name was Sarah. You used to wear newspapers in your shoes" Buckys shoots him a sad thin smile.
Steve looks at Bucky for a second and hesitates.
"You can't read that in a museum" Steve finally says a giant smile spreading across his face as he happily pulls Bucky into a tight 'manly' hug.
"I thought you Where dead" Steve says in relief as he lets go of his best friend.
"And I thought you Where smaller" Bucky hums, His eyes wandering briefly over Steves body before flickering back to his eyes.
"That was a long time ago buck, guess you've got to look up at me now instead of the other way around" Steve chuckles.
"I always looked up to you" Bucky responds.
Did you hear that? That was the sound of me dying in the inside.
"That's so fucking touching, I need five" I gasp leaning my elbow on Tony's shoulder. Tony glances at me, heart break etched into his face.
"What?" I hum, turning my attention towards tony and away from the Reuniting war partners who Where now engaged in deep conversation.
"And Which Alex am I talking too?" Tony's asks avoiding my eyes.
"Remember that party you had at that hotel about 6 years ago. I was hauling your drunken ass into a taxi and as soon as I sat next to you in the back of the taxi and closed the door you kissed me. I laughed. The next day you made swear I'd never speak of it ever again" I smirk.
"Okay It's you and you spoke of it" tony shoots me a glare and shakes my arm off of his shoulder.
"You don't seem to pleased to see me" I frown.
"I'm not" tony hisses walking away from me and into the kitchen.
Natasha steps closer to me, her gun back in it holster.
"You're not going to shoot me are you?" I snap at her.
"No im not, I know we never got on but I missed you" she says pulling me into a surprising hug.
"I guess I missed you too?" I say, it coming out more like a question as I hug her back briefly.
"This world never fails to surprise me" Clint sighs, staring at me.