Chapter 24

Last chapter was supposed to be longer than that but I accidentally pressed 'Publish' so good job @ me.

I took a shower, changed into school clothes, and randomly paced frantically around my room.  I wasn't leaving. No I wasn't gonna go back to that hell. Uh uh.

I wasn't hungry anymore. In fact, probably mom wasn't going to eat either. She must be devastated to cry uncontrollably in front of me. She was as solid as a rock.

I didn't wanna go to school. I just wanted to curl up and sleep for 83 years.

Knock. knock.

"No" I yelled at whoever was at the door. I didn't even wanna know who it was. I just wanted to be left alone. A. L. O. N. E.

"It's Zac"

"Can you please leave me alone? Please?" I begged.

"Don't you wanna go to school?"

"No" I crossed my arms and sat on my bed.

"Okay I'm going" he sounded disappointed a little yet he was understanding. I appreciated being left alone to over think everything as usual.

I dropped back and gazed at the ceiling. It was white. I saw myself in it. I was always white. Not the race, but the metaphorical representation of the color.

I always thought I was a white. I guess you are the color that you choose. It sounds confusing I know. But it's like, I always saw the white. When I looked back on my past, white was I tried to see. I kept the black, and even the gray away. That's how I survived. Just remember the white, live the white, and expect the white.

Black, that was beyond my control.  I didn't cause myself any black. It was forced on me. I didn't try to remember any black, it forced itself in my memories. It showed up when my body and brain were not under my control. I wished that my future would be an abyssal black. That way, you could spot the tiniest dot of white easily. But in my current situation, white wasn't there. I looked hard for it, but it wasn't there. With that, I knew that all my optimism was gone. It was replaced by black. Pessimism.

My phone vibrating against the nightstand brought me back to reality. I didn't wanna pick it up so I left it without even checking it. Whatever it was it could wait.

A couple minutes after it stopped vibrating, it started again. I sighed and took a look at the screen. Rue. Nothing ever good comes from Rue calling my phone or contacting me in any way. As if my black wasn't enough, she was probably going to add more color depth to it.

"Yes"

"Evan where are you?"

"Skipping, why"

"You need to come to school immediately" I didn't like her tone. It was as if concern, anxiety, worry, panic, and fear joined forces.

"Why what's wrong" please don't tell me. Please don't tell me.

"Just hurry up, and don't let Zac come even if you had to physically tie him up to a chair"

As if my life wasn't messed up enough.

"Alright I'm on my way" I hung up as I was already halfway down the stairs. Mom and Liam were already gone, and apparently Zac too. Shit.

I hurried outside, but he was no where to be seen. It was only about ten minutes to school, and I was in my room for at least fifteen after Zac left. Shit. Shit. Shit.

I paced to school with a thousand thought in my head. I swore to God if Rue was just being stupid I was going to slit her throat. Why did she not want Zac to be at school in the first place?