Epilogue

"Are you nervous?"

"Quite." Tristan bounced up and down on the balls of his feet a few times, breathing deeply.

"You will be fine," Rose promised, resting her hand on his shoulder.

"I wish it was not so soon."

"You are ready for this."

"Do you truly think so?" Tristan asked as he turned to face Rose.

"Your father would not abdicate unless he knew you were ready," Rose assured him. Tristan nodded a few times.

"Right... you are absolutely right," he muttered under his breath. He took another deep breath. "I'm not ready," he blurted out, his eyes wide.

"Tristan," Rose laughed. She could not remember a time that he had ever been so nervous. "You are ready," she insisted.

"I wish you could be by my side," he said with a pout. Rose grinned and pecked his lips, watching as his pout changed to a smile.

"I will be watching you right next to Suzanna," she promised. Tristan took one step back and held his arms out.

"How do I look?" he asked.

"Handsome," she sighed. He was dressed in the most formal, expensive looking attire that made him look like the Prince he was. Tristan grinned at her and moved forwards, pausing to kiss her briefly.

"I have a few hours before the coronation. Would you like to take a walk?"

"Is that allowed?" Rose asked dubiously. Tristan snorted and raised an eyebrow. "I-I mean; you are not supposed to hide away in the castle all day?"

Tristan laughed and shook his head. "Of course not. I can do what I want."

"Well how was I meant to know? I have never been to one of these," Rose huffed half-heartedly. Tristan held out his hand and Rose took it, smiling as he intertwined their fingers. He began walking and Rose followed him, almost without thinking.

Was it truly only three months ago that Eliad had been defeated? They had been the three happiest months of her life. William and Rose had spent many days together, bonding and healing of their separation. They were close, and William took his role as a big brother very seriously - he had even lectured Tristan and warned him not to hurt Rose! Rose had laughed at that, but Tristan had been very gracious and had taken the lecture without offense.

Eliad was trialled for his crimes and sentenced to imprisonment. The King had said he could not justify murder with murder, and hence had spared Eliad's life. Those who had willingly served Eliad received similar sentences.

Keira and Anabelle were both thrilled that Rose had returned safe, and both were astonished to hear of her relationship with the Prince. News spread fast, and soon all the servants had heard the gossip. Most had been supportive, although Rose had received a few cruel looks from a few. She had done her best to ignore them.

Tristan and Rose had spent as much time together as they could. Tristan was often busy with his duties, but he always found a way to spend time with Rose each day. The time they had spent together had been in blissful contentment that matched no other joy Rose had ever felt. Tristan was always good to her, always loving, always protective, and always attentive.

Rose was taken out of servitude, more for her own protection than anything else. She spent much of her time with Suzanna, who delighted in having a close friend so nearby. Suzanna had not seen the Duke of Adryrwen since Prince Liam's birthday, as there had been no celebrations to call for his presence. Tristan had not taken long to tell Rose how Samuel felt about the Princess. Rose was secretly cheering them on.