Chapter one

"Mum can you turn this up, I love this song" Cameron smiled sweetly.

'PUMP IT LOUDER, PUMP IT LOUDER' we all sung doing stupid moves. It was me and mum in the front, my twin Cameron and two of his friends, Jace and Liam. Liam was doing some stupid moves rubbing against Jace. We all laughed, including mum, this was us, a group of idiots and it changed pretty quickly.

As we drove through the intersection I glanced at a laughing mum and that's when I saw the two lights, all I remember is screaming and seeing the fear in mums face and all too quickly we were spun out of control from the impact, Cameron's scream was the last thing I heard.

*

"Cameron" my eyes only revealed three boys though and Cameron wasn't one of them, it was Liam, Jace and Eli. Liam and Jace both had scratches on their faces and some dried blood, Eli was fine, he wasn't in the car with us, he had a baseball game but where is Cameron and mum?

"where is Cameron? Where's Mum?" in all their eyes I could see them holding something back.

"um" Liam coughed "your mum is getting discharged now, she broke her leg" okay well that's not too bad, my arm was also in a cast so I'm guessing I broke mine.

"Cameron?" Liam shook his head and that was probably the most painful thing I had ever felt, my heart literally broke, it hurt, he was my other half, my twin!

"oh" was all I could voice, they all looked just as pained and I couldn't bare it. It's all too much. Liam begun walking towards me "no, no" my voice broke, he didn't listen "go away" he shook his head getting on my bed next to me. These boys never listened. Jace followed his move getting on my other side, I was squished in between them whilst Eli sat on the end of the bed.

"I'm fine, can you go?" I whispered. All three shook their heads at me "no can do love, we aren't leaving you" Jace spoke for the first time.

"I'm fine" I mumbled

"yeah and pigs can fly" I smiled at Eli's response.

And that was that, we all just sat there in silence, no one really talked about anything, mum came in a few hours later and she didn't really say anything either. How do you even talk about that? You simply can't. All I know is it was physically painful and I just wanted to be alone.

It was 6 days later, Cam's funeral. I'd been in hiding, I'd lock my door all day and come out for dinner with mum where we cuddled on the couch, it was just the two of us now.

"Katie?" I opened my door to see mum standing with her crutches "you almost ready"

"yeah mum, you look pretty"

"thanks angel" she backed away and I closed the door facing my cupboard. I grabbed my black maxi dress and black heels slipping them all on. I ran some frizz control through my curls and put on basic makeup slipping my sunnies onto my head. That'll do. It's a funeral not a fashion show. I heard familiar voices downstairs, the boys had all driven over, they've come over most days to help mum but I've just hidden, it's hard/ They're my friends too but it just reminds me of him too much. Our senior years starts in a week and in 3 we were turning 18 and now it's just me. Everything is so much harder.

"Katie" Mum called again, slumping against my door frame I controlled my breathing closing my eyes.

"hey" I meet eyes with him, Jace, we were always the closest "hi" I breathed.

"come 'ere" I walked into his arms hugging him "we've missed you, haven't seen you since the hospital"

"it's hard" I mumbled into his chest, I feel him place a kiss on my head.

"it's hard for all of us Katie, we were there too"

"I know, it's just you guys remind me so much of him" he pulls back looking at me keeping his hands on my waist a small smile on his lips.

"we remind you of him, love you're his twin, a female version of him, if anything you remind us of him" he chuckled making me smile, he was right "and we aren't just his friend, we are yours too" it was always a bundle deal with me and Cameron, but I always happened to get along with his boys better than he did with my girls, so I drifted from most my girlfriends and stuck with my brother and his 'gang' and Liam calls them.

Jace wrapped an arm around my shoulder leading me to the living room where the others were all waiting. All the boys were dressed gorgeously in black suits all wearing Oklahoma basketball caps, his favourite basketball team.

"boys" I really did miss them and hadn't realised it till now. Eli was the first to stand up giving me a sweet hug, then Liam ran over picking me up almost breaking my ribs in the process then finishing it off with a big sloppy kiss on my cheek, the usual greeting from him. All the boys adjusted their ties in the mirror near the door before heading out since we were all arriving together.

"honey" mum grabbed my wrist before I walked outside. She opened my wrist placing a clod object in it then closing my hand giving it a kiss, not strange at all mum. I waited for her to leave the house before opening my palm to see his necklace. A simple silver chain with a silver cross, he wore it every day, we weren't all that religious but he always said 'god has a plan', he believed it, he swore by it, but why would god do this.

"Katie"

"what the heck Jace I thought you were in the car"

"I needed to pee, what's that?" I dropped the necklace in his hands and immediently his whole body language changed "he never took this thing off"

"Cameron believed god always had a plan, Jace what is god's plan for this?"

"I don't believe in god but I believe in Cameron so there must be a plan" Jace whispered whilst clasping the necklace around my neck "come on"

************
Yes this is short. Chapters will progress very soon!! This is just a little taste for you! Please give this story some time, i really like writing and it has taken me quite some time to post something!

I'll see you again very soon, xx

Please like and comment, so I know someone is actually reading my story. Plus I love getting to know people! Till next time