16

Bill and I had traveled to Mabel's room, where Bill knocked obnoxiously on the door.

"Come in Bill!" I heard from inside.

I had my sketchbook and pencils held to my chest, my cheeks pink.

Mabel...she didn't know I drew art...

"Hey Bro-Bro! What's up?"

"Well...I..."

Bill had leaned his head on my shoulder, hugging me. "Bill! Cut it out!"

"Why Pinetree?" He whined.

"Better yet, get out!" I pointed to the door.

Bill left, his expression that of a sad puppy.

"So, Mabel," I started when I closed her bedroom door, "I drew something."

"Lemme guess. It's terrible," she said.

"Well, Bill thinks it's cool..."I mumbled.

I opened my sketchbook to the best picture of her.

Mabel was flying, wearing a white sweater with a white trimmed, red skirt, and crimson headband. Large white wings spread out behind her, the last row of feathers slightly dripping in blood. She had red horns poking out of her head and a red tail wrapping around her left leg. Nature surrounded her, yet the ground was burning chaos. Her eyes were closed and chestnut brown hair flowed in the air.

(I'm no good at realism, but if someone could draw this well, they'd get this book dedicated to them!)

I shoved the sketchbook into her hands.

She stared at it, speechless.

"W...well...that's my best drawing. Bill says if I had a model I'd be better..."

"Dipper," she used my real name instead of a silly nickname, "this is...amazing! I don't remember posing for this!"

"You didn't."

Mabel seemed really impressed, well, because she cheered, "I thought I was the creative one! This is better than anything ever!"

------------------justadividerline------

Mabel had agreed to be a model!

My heart was racing, ready to draw. Mom said we'd have to wait for tomorrow.

I set up an "air mattress" in my room for Bill, so he wouldn't have to sleep on the couch anymore, and the three of us got ready for bed.

Mabel said goodnight, and went to her room.

Bill and I walked to my room. We climbed into bed, he kissed my forehead.

We hugged, and then he snuggled up to me.

I quickly fell into a peaceful sleep, hugging Bill.